16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Increasing my dogs desire to retrieve
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:51 pm  Reply with quote

Got in here late......

Hunshatt........ Wrong on the breeding comparison, the Pudelpointers were started in the mid 1800's. My wife calls mine "Ugly Dog", but in a joking way only. He is amazing. They haven't suffered from the inbreeding depression perpetuated by the AKC type quest for perfect appearance at the expense of soundness. Also cannot be purchased as pets, the breeders sell to hunters only. Wink

I have to thank Brian Meckler for introducing me to them. By the way, be careful if you meet Brian. I think I have more money in German shotguns and German dogs now than my last truck cost! His knowledge and enthusiasm is contagious.
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:10 pm  Reply with quote

Here you go................

Wink
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:14 pm  Reply with quote

Another.........

hunshatt
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:45 am  Reply with quote

Bird, you shop at the uglydog hunting store?? I get a bit of stuff there. Started as a Joke(my shopping there) as my buddy runs Spin's, then Tjc's little hitler youth girls, showed up. Best is the looks I get wearing my "want Birds? hunt with a ugly dog" t-shirts around Boston and Cambridge, oh I'm just sooooooo PC
The g-friend calls beau, the super lab, rotten dog, so till there's a rotten dog hunting company, ugly do will have to do.
Tim

Gotta love Geman guns though, Can't afford the Linders and other xpencive stuff (like the Nj transplant in NH) so the merk, simson and guild gun will have to do till then.
nhdblfan
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:41 am  Reply with quote

"Gotta love Geman guns though, Can't afford the Linders and other xpencive stuff (like the Nj transplant in NH) so the merk, simson and guild gun will have to do till then"

you just have to know where to find them Tim, and keep it a secret from the others so you have a no bidders to compete with then "forgetaboutit" you can walk out with a nice little 16 and still have a pocket full of benjamins left over to find something else Very Happy

its a little secret I learned growing up in "nort jersy" Smile
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:19 am  Reply with quote

I've seen the Ugly Dog site, but haven't bought anything there. Looks like quality gear and the T-shirts are funny.

http://www.uglydoghunting.com/
pudelpointer
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:19 am  Reply with quote

Birdswatter where did your dog come from. We need to have a 16 gauge Pudelpointer hunt that would be the perfect combination. Great guns and great dogs.
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:31 am  Reply with quote

Pudel.....
Bodo Winterhelt, Oregon. He is one year old now. He is in training now and coming along very well.
pudelpointer
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:48 am  Reply with quote

Bodo the original. He's the one who brought them here I think. Good luck you owna great dog but you already knew that.