16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Can anyone here identify this powder?
Dogchaser37
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:17 pm  Reply with quote

George,

The OP isn't using his head, and he isn't taking common sense suggestions.

What the OP needs is someone with a magic wand, that agrees with him.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. You told him right, he just doesn't want to hear the truth.

spr310
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 pm  Reply with quote

Mark

I wasn't losing any sleep over it. Just saw all the posts and wanted to get how it progressed to where it ended. I'm sure he won't be back.

george
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:04 pm  Reply with quote

Comm'n guys, based on his questions, I'm thinking the OP is probably very much a newbie. I think he's gotten the idea by now. Maybe we should let him up now. Laughing
Jimbo
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:57 pm  Reply with quote

spr310 wrote:
Lets take it in order.
He bought a 16 gauge with recommendation from another shooter.
Couldn't find shells in his area and did not take advice from members of the forum as to how to purchase shells.
The posted he could get 12 gauge reloader and wanted to convert to 16 gauge. Decided that was to expensive.
Then checked on price of converting his 20 gauge reloader to 16 gauge. Again to expensive.
Then decides to buy reloaded 16 gauge shells from somebody he doesn't know and doesn't even know where he is. Then shells are to hard on his shoulder. So, wants to know what powder is in shells.
Then says I'm to critical. I suppose I was. But I do not think anybody should buy unknown shells period. Why at least not try one before buying.
Who would be liable in this case?
After all that who in their right mind would try to identify powder by a description over the internet? I would not even try if I saw the powder in person. There is only one person that knows the answer. That's it in a nutshell gentlemen.

George

False, false, false and more false. You dug up some old posts of mine in different threads which have nothing to do with this current thread. And you didn't even read those old posts very closely. And for what reason? To ridicule me?

"Didn't take advice about buying shells.." BULL! I researched all the sites and sources that were recommended, and no economical shells were available at the time.

"Decided it was too expensive to convert a 12 GA. reloader to 16 GA." More BULL. I never considered converting a 12 ga. reloader, because I don't have one which CAN be converted. READ THE THREAD. I was asking about conversion of my 20 ga. Sizemaster I determined WHICH parts were required. (It's a SUBSET of what MEC recommends, because going from 20 ga. to 16 ga. doesn't require as many pieces of tooling as going from 16 to 20.) Had you taken the time to think about it, you might have learned that.). The conversion was NOT expensive. What WAS too expensive was replacing the severely worn upper casting on my Sizemaster., so I decided against it. (Now I suppose, true to form, some anal retentive here will criticize me for not lubing the machine more often, when in fact, this machine HAS been properly lubed and has had at least two owners in its 50 year life.)

"Bought shells from someone he didn't know.." More BULL. The guy was a close friend. He was not available, so that is why I tried to get the answer here.

I never asked anyone to sign a legal document. I don't expect other people to take responsibility for my decisions. I just asked if anyone could tell from my description what the powder is. That's a simple question. You either answer it, or you ignore it. No criticism needed or solicited. A simple, "Don't know." or "Sounds like "brand XYZ", would do. And to those of you who've leaped to the conclusion that I make rash decisions based on one opinion... you're WRONG. My decisions are at least as careful and thought out as YOURS. I'm just not afraid to ask a question that others haven't. Frankly, I get the feeling some of the people here would be afraid to take the label off a mattress! HERE IN AMERICA, people used to have some ingenuity, and didn't run away from a problem.

You guys don't have to worry about getting any more questions from me. I've got better things to do than return here. Post all the criticism you like.....
Dogchaser37
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:27 pm  Reply with quote

Let's see if I have this right.

You want us to identify a powder that is flattened and approx. .050 in size and is brown in color. manufactured by either Hodgdon or Alliant.

You can't upload a picture nor have you given us information about the components used in this reload.

Exactly what did you expect?

Use your head, give us some info and a picture. At least give us a chance. It would be a guess even with all good info, of which you have provided none.

Overly critical? Guilty as charged, that is on us.

Not using the gray matter, that is on you.

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:58 am  Reply with quote

This guy reminds me of the feisty knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Flat on his back, armless, and not a leg to stand on. Still squaking and ready to brawl.

Okay Jimbo. You win. We are all idiots and you are completely right. Have a nice life. Laughing

Where and when do you normally shoot? I'd like to try and not be there. Cool
skycarp
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:18 am  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy
thats hilarious..."come back and ill bite you to death"

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:16 pm  Reply with quote

My personal favorites were any of the "Inbred Twit of the Year" skits. I still crack up anytime something (or someone) reminds me of them.
Jagdhund
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:16 am  Reply with quote

I'm sure Jimbo did not expect to be scrutinized in such a manner, but then, "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" Wink

AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:02 am  Reply with quote

Jag=
Especially if he's no where near Spain & is not inquisitive. Wink