16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Need a recipe for some 7/8 target loads...
Dogchaser37
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:13 pm  Reply with quote

The reason I am pretty sure about the card wad and very little pattern degradation. Precision Reloading had a product called tight seal (discontinued now I think), it was tyvec house wrap material that was punched to fit 12, 16 and 20 shells, to hold in buffer, in buffered lead and bismuth loads.

We tried patterns with nitro cards, overshot cards and tight seal, with non buffered loads to make sure the tight seal wouldnt mess up the patterns and to compare it to the 2 different card wads. Well tyvec didn't mess up the patterns neither did the overshot cards to any great extent. The nitro cards did mess the patterns up but not in a consistent way.

You can be speechless or you can try it.

britgun
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:49 am  Reply with quote

Ahhhh, thanks for the confirmation!! Sometimes a little personal experimentation is in order. I KNEW it.... when I get home in June, I'll repeat the test with my load and see if there's any difference between overshot loads vs. those without. I am guessing there won't be just like yours.......
spr310
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:30 am  Reply with quote

britgun.
Am I remembering correctly, were you in on it when that shop in Oregon had those PMC shells on closeout years back. I know I bought two flats of them. They were 1 1/4oz loads. I still have a few left. If I remember right they were about $2.80 a box. Also they were cheddite hulls but lousy for reloading.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:40 am  Reply with quote

"...I know it really does not mean much, but if it gets your goat 16gaugeguy it was worth it.[/quote]

All my goats were got long ago, so there ain't none left to get. Very Happy

However, I always get a chuckle out of your antics spr, so like I posted, just knock your self out. You're always fun to watch. Laughing
britgun
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:47 am  Reply with quote

spr310 wrote:
britgun.
Am I remembering correctly, were you in on it when that shop in Oregon had those PMC shells on closeout years back. I know I bought two flats of them. They were 1 1/4oz loads. I still have a few left. If I remember right they were about $2.80 a box. Also they were cheddite hulls but lousy for reloading.

yeah, that was an amazing deal. I still have some... also got in on the Rem R-16 hull deal.... ever think they'll do another run of those?
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm  Reply with quote

No. Despite how successful the arrangement went (every order was honored and the wads completely bought out), Remington has refused to sell any R16 wads to Recob or anyone else for that matter.

However, we now have the DR16 wad and the WW16AA clone from Claybuster plus several others now. Who needs Remington and their prima donna attitude. Screw them!!
Dogchaser37
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:55 pm  Reply with quote

GG,

Through the grapevine I heard that Remington peed in your cheerios. Any truth to that rumor?

Only kidding, I know that you did a lot of work to get them to produce the last bunch of R-16's and promote them through Recob's.

AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:15 pm  Reply with quote

As for wads, I find the DR16 is fine for light lead loads, if I want more shot then it's either the WAA16 or SG16, depending on interior diameter of the hull, and BPIs Multi-Metal if I'm using hard shot. So, does anyone want to buy the 4K+ SP16s I bought fifteen or twenty years ago when they were the only 16 wads available?
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:18 am  Reply with quote

[quote="Dogchaser37"]GG,

Through the grapevine I heard that Remington peed in your cheerios. Any truth to that rumor?..."

Not on mine. I bought enough R16 wads to feed my favorite gauge guns for the rest of my days. But!! No doubt in my mind, Remington has, as usual, crapped on it's own Buster Browns here. They seem to do this every time the 16 gauge is involved. They consider it a nearly dead gauge and seem to be trying to kill it it off once and for all at every opportunity. The market defys them though. The 16 still lives. Screw Remington. Up the rebels!! Very Happy