16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Picked up a dandy 16ga reloader on ebay $95
ermadear55
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:17 am  Reply with quote

Just in case anyone else is in the market I found a very nice 16 ga reloader on ebay for $95.50 shipping included. My wife openned it up and she said it looks like brand new. Got a ton of supplies with it too.

Also, if any of you 'puuder experts have time, please send me a PM with instructions on having my favorite quote automatically put on the bottom of my mesages.

Remember, my favorite cars have Blue Flame 6s and Ford Flatheads in them so I am quite threatened by this high-tech world Confused

Thanks,
ed55
87016ga
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:32 am  Reply with quote

hi ed55:
what brand of reloader did ya get?
ermadear55
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:00 am  Reply with quote

Hi 87016ga:

It is a MEC

ed55
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:38 am  Reply with quote

What model Mec?
16ga.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:00 pm  Reply with quote
Site Admin
Site Admin

16jun06

By the way, Ermadear55 is currently stationed in Iraq. Let's send him some love, and appreciation.

--16ga.
Lawrence U
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:31 pm  Reply with quote

OooRah! Semper Fi! Ermadear55

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:50 pm  Reply with quote

Keep you head on a swivel and your ass low and get home safe. We've already lost too damned many good folks there already.
TJC
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:38 pm  Reply with quote

May he use that EOTECH to it's fullest.

Stay safe.

Remember, You don't want to die for your country, make the other dumb SOB die for his.

ermadear55
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:47 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words and good wishes. As I read this I am several hours from going back to Minnesota for an R&R. I Love America more than ever looking at things around me here. Regarding letting the dumb SOB's die, I am all for that but I really do not think any of the people we are fighting here are dying for any country. Just a twisted ideology brainwashed into them since childhood. It is really sad but I have no doubt that the world gets safer with each one eliminated.

Peace through Strength!

ed55
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:29 am  Reply with quote

It's a sad fact of history that each generation must relearn the hard lessons of the generations before it. These misguided, over zealous followers of a religious movement gone mad are just one group of many through the ages. How many have murdered other humans in the name of their god? Too many from the beginnings of organized religion until today.

The great religions of the last two millenia, including Islam, were called such because their doctrines preached peace, compassion, forgivness, and abolished human sacrifice. Only problem is that political leaders tend to usurp the role of head of state and head of religion whenever they can, then proceed to incite the believers to pillage and murder for their own power based reasons. So it is today.

Killing these zealots one by one will not solve the problem. You have to eliminate the leaders who are inciting genicide in God's name. Strike for the head of the serpent so to speak. Why we don't see these creeps for what they are especially after the lessons of WWII, Stalin, Hitler, and Mussolini, is beyond me. Take all the hate spewing mullahs and Iatollas and make them face their own mortality. the horse manure will stop damned quickly. It works every time. History will bear witness to this.
Citori16
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:08 am  Reply with quote

Right on! 16gg..

Come back safe Ed55

Sebascodegan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:17 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
Killing these zealots one by one will not solve the problem. You have to eliminate the leaders who are inciting genicide in God's name. Strike for the head of the serpent so to speak.

Cut off one head and the hydra grows another. I don't think getting just the leaders is going to do the job. I agree with Ermadear55, "the world gets safer with each one eliminated.".
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:18 am  Reply with quote

I'm sorry to disagree, but what you are inferring here is genocide. Most Islamic people want peace and a better life for their children too. However, they live in theocratic states where religious doctrine rules their lives and is twisted into just the opposite message of its original intent. Most of these folks would follow peaceful ways if their leaders preached peaceful doctrine. In short, they do not have a constitution that seperates church and state.

Many of the moderate Immams do council peace. The vast majority of Shiite religious leaders have been continously advocating restraint. That's why they and the Shiite faithful are being attacked in their homes and even in their mosques. What kind of a follower, any follower of Islam would dare to desecrate a mosque and not fear the lower regions of hell. Only unbeleivers or those believers twisted by their leaders would dare such an act.

However, these peaceful leaders are now being swept aside as hate and a need for revenge are filling their followers. Some of the Shiite leaders themselves are now unleashing their followers to strike back. I think a religious civil war is inevitable now. The Iraqi civil government will be shoved aside. the forces arrayed against it are too deeply rooted and too powerful to stem. Plus, this war will know no borders. Those Iranians and other supporters of the folks who are murdering their own will have much to answer for to Islam itself.

This also includes Al Queda. They will be annialated by the very folks they wished to harness in their war with the West. I think they already know this, and wish to keep us pinned down in Iraq long enough to turn the situation around. Al Queda is hated in the Islamic world more than admired. They have brought more suffering and no solutions. We are falling for their ploy. they are a piss ant that we've helped make powerful again with our own blunders.

I think perhaps the Islamic peoples themselves can do a muich better job of rooting out those amongst them who have made a mockery of their faith. Prior to the invasion of Iraq, Iran was moving steadily towards a more moderate position. Many of the militant Islamic religious leaders had fallen into disfavor. Our actions reversed this movement. Its time for the US to get out and let these folks settle it among themselves

We did enough by removing Hussein. He needed to go. No problem there, He's gone. However, the root problem has been stewing much longer than this. Hussein was like a plug in an infected boil. His regime just kept things festering. We have just kept irritating the infection with our own oil-based self interests. However, we finally pulled the plug on him. Now let the boil drain and heal without continuing to irritate the infection with our meddling.

We Americans simply do not have the understanding or the means to stem this tide now. The dam has been breached. Get out of the path, shore up our own defenses, or be swept away. Then, when the Islamic peoples have settled the matter, perhaps we can do what we've always done best, help them clean up the mess.

What put America on top of the world at the end of WWII was not winning the war, but the lengths we went after to help rebuild our shattered friends and enemies alike. That was our "finest hour." We earned the entire world's respect then. Even our enemies still standing had a real problem attacking us.

However, somewhere along the way after that war, we lost our own way and started looking for advantages beyond the good will we restored in the world. Our enemies saw this weakness and pounced on our "impreialist interests"--remember?

So this time, lets do it out of enlightened self interest like helping with only a desire to get back to peaceful relations with these folks instead of just plain greed and ulterior motives like more cheap oil so we can keep on polluting our atmosphere with smog.

We have our own problems to deal with right now like a better alternatives to oil and cleaning up our own mess at home. We are being mis-directed by leaders who are being controlled by the interests of their powerful friends and their own interests. They actually remind me of Al Queda with their own shenanigans to misdirect our perceptions.

Perhaps instead of spending billions upon billions to win a war, lets withdraw and spend some money on alternative fuel developement while Islam rights itself. Then we won't need all the oil, and we will all be healthier too. lets also focus on repairing our own government instead of trying to support a doomed one in Iraq. It was dead aborning, because the infection hurting the Middle East has not been healed. Plus, after Islam rights itself, an open friendly hand extended but not containing a bill of demands or a wish list will be grasped faster and more ernestly.

Or any I just crazy for seeing things this way?
Sebascodegan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:27 pm  Reply with quote

Well, we're a long way from 16 gauge talk, but ....

16gg, as usual, you write quite eloquently, if a little too idealistically from my perspective. Other than to emphatically state that I do not espouse or endorse genocide, I'll simply close with "I disagree" with the premise that if we just leave the poor people alone and mess with leaders, the folks that are hacking our soldiers to pieces will suddenly be our friends.

But your rhetoric does read well. Wink
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:49 am  Reply with quote

Read my post again then. I'm not saying to mess with their leaders, I'm saying to get our soldiers out of a place they do not belong and out of harm's way at the same time. We are going to need them elsewhere and for a better purpose, and soon.

The folks who are hacking at them are doing so because the soldiers are there at a time and in a place where they are doing more harm than good. Its not their fault; they are following orders and being fed a line of patriotic crap by our own self serving, short sighted leadership. However the troops' presence is just exacerbating the core problem.

We have done all the good we could in Iraq by removing Hussein. He was a definate enemy and a big problem to both ourselves and the Islamic middle East. As soon as this was done, we should have removerd ourselves and let the Islamic nations settle their own problems and differences in their own way.

the Modern West has been screwing with these people since the collapse of the Ottoman Empire in WWI without doing one bit of good. If you doubt this, then read 20th century history. Western style democratic government does not work in this part of the world. These countries are essentially Islamic based theocracies. They do not want to adopt western ways. They do not have a Judeo-Christian based culture and haven't had one since the 12th century and the slow collapse of the Bysantine empire and the withdrawal of the Western Crusaders. They are Islamic.

Every time the Western powers sets up a democratic government here, it collapses into a military dictatorship or a militant theocratic state. That is because of the basic tenets or beliefs of the vast majority of the populace. They look to one set of laws found in the Koran, and strong god-like leaders to rule them. They do not want to be faced with the complex choices we Westerners deal with in our post-theocratic, post-christian part of the world. they are not ready for it. That will take time, lots of it. think in centuries.

Those among them that wish to adopt western ways can emmigrate to the west just like the dissadents of Western Europe did to the New World beginning over 6 centuries ago. Many of these more modern thinking, better educated folks from the Middle East would make great citizens here. We should welcome them. I've met some and work with some. they are fine folks and make great fellow workers and neighbors. they will prove to be an asset we can and should assimilate. The rest that wish for a more traditional Islamic rule can stay there. That is a concept we can all live with peacefully if we put our minds to it. After all, we are a nation of immegrants and always seem to attract the best and brightest. It works for us and always has. So use it.

We westerners began moving toward a seperation of church and state, self government and rule over 5 centuries ago with the Reformation. They are just beginning that process now. Islam is fracturing into many individual doctines just like the Christianity did after Luther. That is basically what the so called Islamic Revolution is about. These folks are just now beginning to get a sence of nationalism now too, something that took centuries to develop in our part of the world. The process must take place without our meddling, just as it did in our part of the world after the west stopped the advance Ottoman empire in the late 16th century.

We should now be planning for and executing a policy of dealing very sternly and forcefully with any group or nation that tries to export its confused ideology to our shores without trying to occupy their land. They will soon learn that we are far too strong and well established to mess with after a few sharp and painful lessons. We should also stop them from developing weapons of mass destruction without getting too deeply involved with their internal politics. In short, smack the hell out of them when they attack us, and take their more dangerous offensive weapons away from them every time we have to. Then go back to minding our own business.

This plan will also free us to clean up our own mess right here at home. We must focus on solving our energy problem and not look to that troubled part of the world for a solution there. Its too costly, too painful, and too damaging to everyone, everywhere. The time of widespread and continual use of fossil fuels is at an end. We can see the damage we are doing to ourselves and our own environment right in the very air we breath. How big a clue do we need?

There will come a time that we will need the services of our military to strike hard at our enemies and keep them at bay. Wasting them on a long term stay in the Middle East is the most foolish thing we can do. The Iraqi people are not the enemy. We are now being our own worst enemy by trying to foist off our will and by trying to satisfy our own interests at everyone elses expense. Its time to face our own reality and stop trying to shape theirs. Time and their own experiences must do this. They must find their own way just as we found ours. What they need most is time. What we need most is patience and a good look at ourselves and our own problems, starting with the dismantling of the military-industrial complex that keeps on asserting itself globally, that enslaves us, and that demands that we keep on relying on oil for its energy needs.

I do not think my view is short sighted or niave. Perhaps I'm looking at the world with a slightly wider scope than some. but its a view we need to adopt in order to advance and prosper.