16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  16g NID
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:09 pm  Reply with quote

This a pretty nice little gun in great mechanical shape, and it looks good too. Field or Star grade. Lots of case color left, and barrel blue is strong. The stock was refinished when I got it, but nicely done. Lop is 14&5/8" over a sunburst pad, drop is 1&5/8" at comb and 2&3/8" at heel. The chokes have been opened in the 28" bbls to .004 and.014. The chambers and cones are short, but I can lengthen them if you prefer. This gun wieghs in at just under 7lbs and is a nice little field gun. Contact me at steven_bertram@hotmail.com, new price 1050$, delivered to your FFL.Pics on request,
Steve

Found this over on DoubleGunBBS-Sk/Mod would make a nice all around gun but it DOES need the chambers lengthened.
Here's some infro about the Star grades:
The "star grade" was just the Field Grade made from 1929 to 1934. According to the table in Walter Snyder's book there were 4595 NIDs made during that time frame, or just over 10 percent of the total NID production. Some small percentage of that number would be higher grades.
revdoc

Larry Brown
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:22 am  Reply with quote

Lots of people think the "star" version Field Grades are quite attractive. I think there were about 4 or 5 (relatively minor) modifications during the NID's production life. The latest ones don't have the dog engraved on the receiver, just borderline engraving, and they also don't have the "snail's ears" cocking indicators.

Seems I also recall an ejector 16ga NID for sale over on gunshop.com, unless this is the same gun.