16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  R16's
gspowner
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:53 am  Reply with quote

Got my shipment of R16's from Recob's. The net weight of the cases were 2-4% high, so it seems I got a few extra wads from Remington.
Haiwee
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:17 am  Reply with quote

Somebody's unloading a bunch of R16's on Ebay right now, in 2000 wad increments. I won a lot of them yesterday for $33.00, including shipping, which I thought was a good deal (cheaper than I can find SP16's). For someone like me who mainly loads for hunting (I only shoot three or four rounds of clays a year) 2000 wads should last me a long time.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:25 pm  Reply with quote

$33 for 2000 is about the cheapest I have ever seen.I can still get the SP16's for five dollars a bag when I buy a full case---No problem Cool Very Happy Laughing Twisted Evil
onefunzr2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:46 am  Reply with quote

Those ebay R16's were bid up quite a bit over the Independence Day long weekend. The word must have got out to all the desperate 16ga folks. But the seller seems to have tens of thousands of them. A new 2K lot goes off most every day.
bigric
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:20 am  Reply with quote

He is listing them as 1-1/8 oz wads. I wonder what he's actually selling.
MaximumSmoke
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:42 am  Reply with quote

Cool

Last edited by MaximumSmoke on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:54 am  Reply with quote

If you are looking to get screwed, there is no better venue than Ebay. you had better have all your wits about you when you do business there. Between outright fraud, shill bids, excessive handling fees, juvenile highjinks, and fencing stolen goods, its like shopping at an asylum for the criminally insane. Laughing To top it off, Ebay does nothing to help you settle disputes. Just try lodging one electronically: its a repeating circular maze. They do not post a real world address, so you can't send a letter. In short, they don't want to hear it. I won't even begin on PayPal, Ebay's favorite creature.

I've seen R16 and ww 16AA wads go for $15 or more per bag including the usual $7-$9 shipping charge. Its nice to see someone here get a bargain. However, more folks get taken than not.

Lets face it, Ebay is a crap shoot with no enforcable rules, and no recourse if you get the shaft. Recob's on the other hand, has bent over backwards to both accomodate us and to resolve Remington's stupidity and carelessness. They even negotiated a lower price than Remington was asking on the firast order. Remember?

I'll stick with Recob's thank you. If you get screwed on Ebay, please save yourself the embarressment and keep mum, because I'm gonna laugh my butt off if you whine about it.
Haiwee
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:40 pm  Reply with quote

shootingsioux wrote:
Read the part numbers. The ads are deceiving because they all say R16, but they aren't. These are the old bags with the old designations on them. Some ads are for W29932's, and correspondingly the fine print in the item description say they hold 1 oz. Those are the R16's. Most of the adds are for W29934's. Those are SP16's.

I noticed this too, which was why I was careful to bid only on the W29932's. Still, I was a bit worried until they showed up today, exactly as advertised. Glad, too, 'cause I certainly don't need any more SP16's. Now I should have enough 1 oz. wads to last me until I'm too old to hunt (in other words, dead). Smile
gspowner
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:04 am  Reply with quote

In 60+ transactions, I have had good experiences buying and selling on ebay. I've been able to find things I couldn't get anywhere else and also have been able to sell things that would have been difficult or impossible to sell locally. For example, I bought a complete set of 16 gauge tooling for a Hornady 366 on ebay. In my experience there are few true bargains, but I have gotten lots of fair to really good deals. That's why it is so popular, because it works for both buyers and sellers.

Caveat Emptor baby!
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:40 pm  Reply with quote

Now ebay has shut off paypal to all related firearm sales Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
wingshooter
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:24 pm  Reply with quote

I got in on the bidding on the R16's, since I got the heads up here. Was not successful, as indeed the word got out.

I have appx. 250 feedbacks, love e bay and paypal, and use it all the time.

Regards,
Mike

Manufrance Ideal 314:
Barrel set 1- (choke) .000 , .007 , chamber 70mm
Barrel set 2- .025 , .047 , 65mm
Barrel set 3- .005, .015
Manufrance Ideal No. 5:
Choke: .000, .010, 70mm chambers
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:50 am  Reply with quote

I wish I could say the same about a good experience. Out of the first three articles I bought on E-Bay, one was acceptable but certainly not in the fine condition stated. It was a collectable Case pocket knife. I paid for the second and never saw it or the seller again. It was a collectable Remington knife in a box. I paid a high price on it too. That was the sale through which I found out that EBAY administration does not care and will not help.The third was supposedly as new. It was a .45 barrel for a T/C Hawken. The bore was so rusted out and pitted, you could not pass a cleaning patch down it without shreading it. The seller would not answer my polite request for negotiating a refund. A sharply worded Feedback follow-up got a denial of the facts as a response. One of my friends in T/C made good on it for me so it was not a total loss.

Yup, caveat emptor. Three strikes and you are out on my world. I've heard folks say before that they've gotten good deals and good merchandise. It did not work that way for me. Bad luck I guess. So, I'll say no more.
David
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:03 pm  Reply with quote

I've dealt with both eBay and Paypal, and on the eBay side you have to look at the sellers feedback, if I see more than 2 negative feedbacks out of 100, than I won't bid on item. It's the old story "buyer beware". You have to know your merchandise, and make sure there are plenty of pictures and ask questions. I've sold on eBay, and as one member here said, a lot of things you wouldn't sell anywhere else you will sell here. It's the other old saying, "ones man's junk is another man's treasure. Also it is true, eBay staff don't seem to really want to help. The best way to get even wilth a buyer if he doesn't answer your emails or give you back your money is to post negative feedback for him.
Sorry to here about your problems doublegunguy
wingshooter
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:42 pm  Reply with quote

16 GA guy-

If I had the same experience with e bay at the front end that you did, I would have the same things to say. Fortunately I had a long string of positive experiences before my little bumps in the e bay road. I would echo everything that David said, except that when I posted negative feedback (item not shipped, second item seller lied about return policy) I got my only two negatives as retaliatory feedbacks.

I actually prefer paypal as a buyer, as I have recourse through them to get my money back. Square Trade is of minimal value; with ebay and many other transactions, you are mostly reliant on the integrity of the seller.

Manufrance Ideal 314:
Barrel set 1- (choke) .000 , .007 , chamber 70mm
Barrel set 2- .025 , .047 , 65mm
Barrel set 3- .005, .015
Manufrance Ideal No. 5:
Choke: .000, .010, 70mm chambers