16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  True 16 ga. from B. Rizzini
Fluesy
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:30 am  Reply with quote

Smile Good Morning All- I need to cough up a Hair Ball, bear with me it has relevance to the Rizzini's. I special ordered through WalMart Embarassed , a Traditions Real 16, I placed the order on April 29, 2006. I called at least once a week to check on the gun, I should have known the minute the clerk said Mister we just wait and eventually the gun magically appears. To make a very long story short, I did all the calling and leg work, I thought I had a firm shipping date, somewhere between WalMart, Lipsey's and Traditions, nobody could get it going on. On the weekend of June 24-25, 2006, I was in Sterling, Colo for my son's wedding, 45 minutes away from Cabela's in Sidney, Nebraska. I held, fondled and purchased a F.A.I.R.(Fabricia Armas Isodoro Rizzini) 16 Gauge Model 900. Prior to the purchase I again called WaMart to check on the Gun I had ordered, again nothing had magically happened. I cancelled the order on the Tuesday of the Next week, still no gun. Yes the Rizzini is on a 16 Gauge Frame, it weighs about 6-1/2 pounds, fit and finish are very good but my wife's Onyx Pro Berretta is better finished. I have not fired a shot through it yet but hope to remedy that today. As a further note, Cabelas.com at the Gun Library in Sidney has several Rizzini's (F.A.I.R.) in 16 Gauge, they are very nice guns. And Cabela's is very easy to work with, I had no trouble purchasing and returning to Arizona with the gun, I figured Denver would be a nightmare to check a gun through security, it was relatively painless. Also the new gun has choke tubes, 5 running from cylinder through full, cyl.,imp/cyl, mod, imp mod and full. I am hoping to give the gun a thorough workout on Doves prior to the opening of Quail Season.
I bid you Good Day
Chet
87016ga
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:57 pm  Reply with quote

chet:
i will be the first to sympothize with your wally world experiences......as a matter of fact, i can't even say wallmart any more. it usually comes out as WALL-F!@#$%G-MART OR THOSE USELESS F!@#$%G --- A!!@#$%S Exclamation

congrats on the rizz.....i have been looking at them myself, more or less.
might even give up the wingmaster for the right one.
Fluesy
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:04 pm  Reply with quote

870 Thanks for the verification that I wasn't expecting too much. I took the Rizzini for a stroll this afternoon, it does much better than I am capable of shooting. Nice comfortable gun, easy to swing and follow, can't say my skill sets are up saying it's a great trigger but works very well. But the really disgusting part is I had taken the newly aquirred 870 w/choke tubes to give it a try, first time with it too. Rizzini=Pieces 870=Powder, seems I could really whack'em with the 870, but was getting more fringe hits with the Rizzini. I need to get the Rizzini on the pattern board and find out where it is shooting, I had the Improved Cylinder in the Lower Barrel and Improved Modified in the Upper, the 870 had the Modified. I would still keep that 870 close at hand, boy oh boy was it easy to shoot. What was really suprising is I had also purchased a pair of 16-28 Chambermates when I was at Cabela's, boy do they ever work, I believe I shot the Chambermates as well if not better than the full sixteen. All in All a Good Day in the Desert, a Good Time was had by All
Have a Great Evening
Chet
nossman
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:53 pm  Reply with quote

Fluesy,
I had the exact same experience going from the Wingmaster to the Verona (F.A.I.R.). There is quite a bit of difference (weight & fit) between the two guns. I enjoy shooting both guns. It just took a little adjustment time on my part. I'm not getting rid of the Wingmaster though.
MGF
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:31 am  Reply with quote

chet,

Will be interested to hear what you learn from the patterning board. I sure hope it's just a minor matter of getting comfortable with the gun, 'cause I, too, think the 900 is a sweet handler.

My general impressions of the 900 have been about the same as yours. Overall, a good gun ... but the overall fit & finish struck me as a wee notch below Berettas and B.Rizzini guns. I also thought the trigger was nothing special, but not godawful.

Anyway, I hope yours is throwin' patterns that make you want to hold onto it. So far, my 900 is shooting nicely. Getting decent scores (for me) and great breaks with both the Winchester SuperX and Federal game loads in No. 8. If the experience continues as it's been going, I'm thinking the 900 will make a very nice pheasant gun, indeed.

Hope yours works out. Be nice to see another 900 owner havin' a good time. From what I've been able to tell so far, there's not a a whole bunch of us out there toting 16 ga. FAIR 900s.

mark