16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  mod11rem is back for a little while
mod11rem
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:12 pm  Reply with quote

well I survived 2.5 months in S TX, now back in MO. had a hell of a time getting my dsl connection going here. took two weeks to get it right.

Had a little bit of luck already last week in a small gun shop right here in Kennet. bought a Sweet 16 in real good shape for about $450. Has the matte finish on the receiver, 26" mod, stock could use a little touching up but gun overall is in fine order. like I needed another hump back!! but I've never had a browning 16 so I thought I should go ahead and have this one.

this is getting a bit crowded in my cabinet. Anybody need an 870 16 ga in near mint condition?? this one has a short stock but would be perfect for a growing kid, small framed person, or a woman LOP is 13.25" looks to be factory, but if not, certainly a professional job. not a scratch on gun or stock. shiny blue all over. the only evidence of firing is wear marks on the slide. VR with mod choke 28"bbl.

oops, just realized I should have put this on the guns for sale page.

I'll continue to be real busy so I may be a while getting back to any serious inquiries. I'm thinking about $350.

I'd put in my deposit for the KS hunt, but un sure about schedule at that time. good to know you guys are still at it with good natured chatter on the board. I'll be a regular again, come fall. right now still up to my ass in watermelons. done about 1250 loads so far (500 ahead of last year) that's about 50 million pounds and only 2/3 way thru the season. got to go

offhand35
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:31 pm  Reply with quote

Well, I knew you were gone.........wecome back out of the heat [?]

That was a great price on the Sweet 16! Razz

Do you know what year it was made? Is it 70mm chambered?

mod11rem
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:23 am  Reply with quote

haven't had time to research it, but it is marked 2 3/4 so i guess it's 70mm. heat!!! what are you talking about!! it's 95 here by 9 am everyday. a crew good for 4 loads a day is on their knees by noon. can't ask them to do much more or we'll end up with people in the hospital. this heat is taking it's toll on the melons, I'll be through here in a week if it doesn't let up. On to Indiana and Iowa. if they burn up too, I'll be in west TX before it's over. Quail on every turn row out there. I hope to go back in the fall to let them fall prey to this new Sweet 16. Of course, my first choice will be the venerable old Model 11. Mod 11 in the am, browning in the pm.

dannypratt
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:24 pm  Reply with quote

Hey tehre mdl11rem,

Sounds like you may have an American Browning Auto-5, since you mentioned the matte reciever. Those are probably my most favorite time period for Brownings when it comes to practical shooting. That matte reciever top reallt cuts the glare nicely. Wherever your serial number is located on that Browning would be the final clue in. Congrats and great price, fantastic gun, any pics would be mighty fine.
-danny