16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  UNIVERSAL SHELL CATCHER FOR AUTOS FOR TRAP SHOOTING.....
offhand35
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:45 pm  Reply with quote

John PM'd me asking what I was doing regarding a shell catcher for my Auto-5 16ga at trap......I then realized that my response might be worth posting.......

Hello, John
I'm very glad you asked about the A-5 shell catcher, I had completely forgotten about posting about it.....

Initially, with the Auto-5 I was setting the gun up for heavy loads with a wiped-dry mag tube...and then use the operating lever on the gun manually to eject and load....that gets tedious....causes a blister/callus on the thumb.....and then quite a few shells still eject anyway.......

Then I discovered a universal shell catcher made by Birchwood Casey....I bought mine from CheaperthanDirt, but now Graf's is selling it......

http://www.grafs.com/product/549

It uses double sided adhesive tape, is removable with solvent, and come with several strips of tape to reuse it ......it uses a metal bar in front of the port that folds down out of the way for repeater use, like for doubles....

I was a little put off about sticking it on my Browning, but I am using it every week for trap now, and I'm very glad I decided to do it....MUCH better letting the gun do the work that it is supposed to.....

David