16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Caveat Emptor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:07 pm  Reply with quote

Check out this auction:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=53655792

With less than an hour to go (as I type this), a well-known Gunbroker seller from New Hampshire is the high bidder. If he wins, you know this gun will reappear with all sorts of wondrous refurbishments and an inflated price.

So make note for future reference!
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:24 pm  Reply with quote

Looks like Torch Master Ed did not get it. Sold for $782 and needs a new stock and some serious rib re-welding at least. Previous re-blue buffing smudged the stamping on the brl. dahunter84 is probably going to trade even money for a Merkel Laughing

Jeff Mulliken
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:33 pm  Reply with quote

Did you see the neat little bullseyes of color on the flats? It looked like some one already tried their hand at paintig with propane.....

Jeff
Twice Barrel
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:37 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
probably going to trade even money for a Merkel

I'd have to have a little to boot if it is a 47 but even sounds fair for a 1620.
fin2feather
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:08 pm  Reply with quote

C'mon, TB, it's a kraut grinder! You're gonna need boot either way Very Happy !

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:22 am  Reply with quote

This has to be the same clown that refused to let me pick up a gun directly at his "facility" in N.H.. He insisted that I spend the added money for a transfer to another dealer, even though he is less than 70 miles away from my place. Alarm bells went off, and after listening to a bit of a tirade from him when asked why he was so shy, I told him to stick the gun where the sun don't shine. He wasn't happy with that suggestion either. Me thinks something is a tad smelly in Copenhagen with MR ED. "A horse is a horse, of course, of course..." and so is a horse's butt. Laughing

PS, how do guys like Ed manipulate the feedback to get the high ratings? I'm not shifty enough to figure out how its done. I always thought the best way was to be honest and fair. I'm naive i guess. There has to be some trick involved.
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:17 pm  Reply with quote

Guy, could be something rotten there for sure, or it could be something as simple as him not wanting to run the background check. My local FFL holder, who receives guns for me and quite a few other people, is very good about it--IF you have either an Iowa CC permit or permit to purchase, which means no background check. He simply isn't interested in doing the phone call routine. Note that in his case, he's not really "in the business". He has an FFL mainly because he buys quite a few guns himself, and offers to receive them for others for a nominal fee.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:58 pm  Reply with quote

Not with MR ED. he's as slick as a blue racer after a cloud burst. He's known as a dealer to be avoided and getting more known by the day if not the minute. However, he seems to maintain a good feedback rating. I'd like to know how he and other higher volume shysters do it. There has to be some compicity between them and the web auction site. Bad feedback hurts only sorry dealers and folks who support them. But just how its done is a mystery to me. Anyway, there are enought good dealers out there so I avoid MR ED like plague.