16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Strange phone call
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:14 pm  Reply with quote

Our club's phone was ringing so I go in to answer it-some of the other gray beards still don't have a cell-thought mabey somebody broke down on their way out.This joker introduces himself,tells me he is calling random numbers for a fund raiser-for peta Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I extended my most courteous manners, gave him directions to the club and told him to attend our next meeting and he could make his position known.He agreed,somehow I don't think we will see him there Wink Damn, you think these morons would at least look up who they are calling or have a clue when the first words they hear are-gun club can I help you---DUH Shocked Shocked Shocked
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:42 pm  Reply with quote

Hoa---what's your club's phone number; I'll call when I get down that way....shot at my local skeet club today; 24 with the 16 Citori; 24 with the Model 12.....no excuses, temporary brain lapses....

nossman
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:19 pm  Reply with quote

You sure that call wasn't from People Eating Tasty Animals? Laughing
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:03 pm  Reply with quote

Wolf-1-217-465-5054
Noss,I agree with the initials---Ha but in the background I could hear several other folks on the phone-don't believe it was a joke or scam--well if peta is involved I reckon it's both----can't wait till Tues. night meeting Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
87016ga
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:19 pm  Reply with quote

hoa:
why don't you have a b-b-q on the night of your mtg?
chicken,pork chops,steaks.........if p.e.t.a. rep shows up, ask him to grab a plate and help himself Twisted Evil
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:28 pm  Reply with quote

870-Like to fell outta my chair when reading your reply Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Very Happy Very Happy Picture some city dude walking into our clubhouse and explaining to bunch of good ol' boys hows come we shouldn't hunt or have the right to protect ourself--they wouldn't give me a callback number
87016ga
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:51 pm  Reply with quote

there's a shock Exclamation if the a-hole wasn't soliciting for peta or some other "worth-while" charity, he'd be a telemarketer or a door greeter for my favorite establishment, WALL-FING-MART, guaranteed Exclamation

i guess it beats the hell out of getting a real job Surprised
brdhnt
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:36 pm  Reply with quote

HOA,

Although this sounds like your typical "tree-hugger" idiocy, I would extend a caution.

The animal rights groups in the US are considered to be the most dangerous and destructive of all of the "anti" groups and are very well organized. They are considered a terrorist organization by the FBI and there are hundreds of crimes throughout the US that they have been responsible for including arson and murder.

Law enforcement officers will tell you that these people are much more dangerous than white supremacists, street or motorcycle gangs, or anti-abortion people. There are some splinter groups of peta that are VERY dangerous and their organization is so good that getting informers in the groups has been harder for law enforcement than in any other group.

When I was in law enforcement, we had known offenders in every type of criminal organization but these, even though they were active in our community. They blew up an animal testing facility at a major university here in Texas just two years ago and they used some very sophisticated explosives and devices. More than what the islamic terrorists are using.

It's not being paranoid, but aware that if they know where your gun club is, they might be targeting it or some of the members.

TMB
________
Vaporizer volcano

Last edited by brdhnt on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:52 am  Reply with quote

We had some of these loonies show up at the Jefferson National Forest to disrupt the opening week of the Virginia deer season some years back. A couple of them were found tied naked and hugging a pioson oak infested locust tree. It took the authorities several days to find them. I was told they both looked like human rasberries when they peeled them off the tree. They did not come back the next year. I guess they did not find the local mountain boys too easy to intimidate or screw with.
Blaze
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:58 am  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy wrote:
A couple of them were found tied naked and hugging a pioson oak infested locust tree....I was told they both looked like human rasberries when they peeled them off the tree.

Oh man! I love it! Laughing Laughing I do feel a little bad for those guys...well, not really.