16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Browning/Briley 16ga. Invector Choke Tubes
Square Load
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:04 pm  Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the restrictions on the new stainless steel Briley made Browning tubes are the same as the old blued steel Browning tubes? The 16ga. tubes you buy directly from Briley have restrictions in increments of .005" just like the 12ga. tubes they sell. The old blued steel Invector 16ga. tubes were restricted to what is normally considered 16ga. industry standards, i.e. .004"/skeet, .007"/IC, .015"/mod, etc.

I would like to buy a couple skeet tubes for my Citori. I know the difference is only .001" but I would buy the tubes sold by Browning if they are still made to normal 16ga. restrictions instead of 12ga.

Hope someone can help me here. If not I will try Browning. That could be a circus trying to find someone who knows the answer.

Thanks,

Dennis
Terry Imai
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:14 pm  Reply with quote

You may want to try the Briley extended tubes (X2) in your Browning. IMO, Beretta factory tubes are not the most accurate and it's always best to mike and then shoot various loads just to see what gives the best pattern. Browning tubes seem to follow their desiginated choke description. That being said, it just seems that the Briley work best esp. in the tighter chokes. Eventhough this is a 16 gauge BB, I shoot alot of ducks with the Briley Light Mod with steel and hevi shot. I shoot a Browning Citori for ducks and have an I/C, light mod and mod and that takes care of 99% of my waterfowl. For sporting clays, start with the I/C and mod. Since I'm so A/R, I have numerous other Briley chokes but probably would shoot just as well with the I/C and mod in my Browning....
TJC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:19 am  Reply with quote

Have you looked at the TruLock chokes? I use them in my Citori Feather and have found them to be excellent tubes.

www.mpcsports.com usually has the best prices. They also sell the Briley tubes.