16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Will I go to hell if I buy a 20ga.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:28 pm  Reply with quote

Rule No.1--if you don't own one buy it --even if it is in an obscure,unheard of and dying gauge Wink Twisted Evil
brdhnt
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:07 pm  Reply with quote

You won't go to Hell for using a 20 gauge. However, you will find that your 16 gauge will get jealous. I took a 20 gauge dove hunting last year one day. The next time I took a 16 out, it took me 36 shells to collect nine doves. My 16 was obviously making me pay by missing the birds. Shocked

Of course since you are looking at a Model 37 in 20 gauge which is on a guage specific frame and is a "little brother" to the gauge specific 16 gauge Model 37, your 16 gauge might be a little more understanding. Smile Or their might be some "sibling rivalry" there. We all know or have heard how much of a pain a little brother can be. Smile

Buy the 20 gauge and see what happens. Just don't neglect the 16 in favor of the new baby. Laughing
TMB
________
Mercedes-benz om616 history

Last edited by brdhnt on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mattkcc
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:10 pm  Reply with quote

Well maybe I'll just get purgatory, I went back today and bought the 20ga for $300 out the door. I'd didn't think he would come down much but he eat the tax. Now I'll have to order a lefty safety and start looking for an extra barrel to shorten for hunting in the brush. My main problem is as soon as my 15 year old son sees it he will try to lay claim to it like he did my Spanish 20ga sxs. While I'm making the deal I spotted a nice Sweet 16 in the rack for $500. I don't won't to sneak more then one gun under the " wife radar ". I do have my son trained not to mention such things.
sbs470
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:23 pm  Reply with quote

Forgive me moderator for I have sinned

In a moment of weakness I bought a Thomas Bland 20G ,cased with all accessories at the Tulsa gun show in April.
It arrived at Brisbane costoms yesterday.I fly to Brisbane today mid day. I am competing in the World Creedmore long range matches all next week.I'll pick up the gun on Monday. I promise I won't shoot it much.

I'm sooooooorrrrrrrrryyy

sbs470