16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Red and green dot in stock
RedneckRob
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:08 am  Reply with quote

At -

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Reloading/Reloading-Powders-Primers%7C/pc/104792580/c/104761080/sc/333152280/Alliant-Smokeless-Powder/731761.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Freloading-powder-primers-accessories%2F_%2FN-1109591%2F&WT.mc_id=ir92929&WT.tsrc=AFF&rid=10&irgwc=1#productChart
Dave in Maine
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:47 pm  Reply with quote

That's a huge jump in price - about $60 on an 8 pounder.
Looks like Cabelas corporate has decided to stop holding the line and start gouging, just like they did with .22LR. I was in the local-to-me Cabelas the other day and they had bricks of the cheapo Remington Golden Bullet, for $42. And it was sitting on the shelf.
kgb
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:23 pm  Reply with quote

Dave in Maine wrote:
Looks like Cabelas corporate has decided to stop holding the line and start gouging, just like they did with .22LR. I was in the local-to-me Cabelas the other day and they had bricks of the cheapo Remington Golden Bullet, for $42. And it was sitting on the shelf.

Rem Thunderbolt (cheaper even than the cheapo Golden Bullet) bricks of 500 were $28 last week at Cabela's in LaVista. Different pricing on different product, or gouging in Maine??

Dave in Maine
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:34 pm  Reply with quote

kgb wrote:
Dave in Maine wrote:

Rem Thunderbolt (cheaper even than the cheapo Golden Bullet) bricks of 500 were $28 last week at Cabela's in LaVista. Different pricing on different product, or gouging in Maine??

I suspect it's gouging. A couple months ago, Kittery Trading Post had bricks of CCI for $50. Thankfully they were sitting, unwanted, on the shelf. I won't buy it at those prices. I have a hard time buying at $28. Last I checked, it cost them less than a cent to make a round of .22. There's a lot of room between there and the retail prices.
JNW
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:21 pm  Reply with quote

I've noticed that none of those powders have sold out yet. I considered buying some Green Dot, but then took a second look at the price. One man's gouging is another man's financial opportunity.
Jeff
AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:32 pm  Reply with quote

Wow. Some of those powders are >$30/lb. Some friends of mine that shoot magnum rifle would be spending nearly fifty cents a shot just for the powder. Oh well, ...
RedneckRob
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:42 am  Reply with quote

I thought it was high but I wanted to show the light at the end of the tunnel.