16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Remington Game Loads
brdhnt
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:36 pm  Reply with quote

For those of you with access to a Big 5 Sporting goods store, they currently have Remington Game Loads (12,20 AND 16) on sale at $ 3.99 a box. These are the black hull 6 point crimp shells @ 1200 FPS. My local store only had two cases left in # 8 shot, but I got them anyway.

Also, my local Academy Store had Federal 12 and 20 gauge game loads on sale at $ 3.99 a box. They had the 16's marked $ 4.77 a box. Sometimes the ineptness of their sales staff works to our advantage. When I questioned one of their pimply faced "sales assistants" he said, I don't know, I'll have to ask the manager. The manager's reply was: "16 gauge? I didn't know there was such a thing." When I showed him the boxes, he said: "Gee, if the others are on sale, these must be too! 29 boxes were all he had and then I got Academy's case price and paid $35.90 a case. 1 OUNCE loads of 7 1/2's at 1165 FPS. Too bad this is looking to be a poor quail year here in Texas, I've lots of ammo now!

Of course my conscience will bother me when I shoot those Federal shells Rolling Eyes NOT!
________
Mercedes-Benz M113 Engine Specifications

Last edited by brdhnt on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
87016ga
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:59 pm  Reply with quote

remember when "sporting goods" actually put hunting and fishing gear paramount in the food chain. as well as clerks that actually used the equipment and knew what they were doing?

but alas, we are now stuck with big box stores and "kids" who only know about shotguns from there computer games Exclamation

i would have a big smile with every squeeze of the trigger, brdhnt
Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:28 pm  Reply with quote

Sporting stores are great entertainment. I was purchasing a case of Rem #8 shot a the Black Sheep store in Idaho. I took the case to the counter and the (very) young lady rang it up at the per BOX price of $3.99. I am basically an honest person and found my self explaining there were ten boxes in the package. She was sheepishly thankful and I slept well that night. I wondered how many cases slipped out before I arrived. It is tempting sometimes-damn that conscience! Rolling Eyes
Best,
Ron
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:09 am  Reply with quote

Yup, but on the other hand, how many times have you gone home only to find the tab was overrung or some of your articles never made it to the bag. Have any of the stores offered you compensation for the time, trouble, and gas it took to go back to the store and set it straight? Have you always been treated fairly when it was an obvious error on their part? Have any of us?

In your case Ron, it was obvious and you did the honorable thing. However, any freebies I get by mistake like items not rung up, or undercharged without my immediate knowledge shall remain so. I figure it will average out by and large.
pudelpointer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:00 am  Reply with quote

I would hope everyone associated with the 16 gauge society would correct the mistake anything else would be theft. Morals are doing the right thing when nobody is looking. For as bright and obviously smart as you are 16gg holding a grudge against one store and ripping off another to make up for it is a pretty big leap. Nobody is that cheap and misdirected are they? I know you didn't mean it that way but thats the way it came across. If the knowledge is immediate or not it should be corrected. Unless it is a few dollars in which case I would call them and let the managment know. I would bet most stores would tell you to keep it. We are examples to people around us set a good one.
sprocket
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:07 am  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy wrote:
Yup, but on the other hand, how many times have you gone home only to find the tab was overrung or some of your articles never made it to the bag. Have any of the stores offered you compensation for the time, trouble, and gas it took to go back to the store and set it straight? Have you always been treated fairly when it was an obvious error on their part? Have any of us?

In your case Ron, it was obvious and you did the honorable thing. However, any freebies I get by mistake like items not rung up, or undercharged without my immediate knowledge shall remain so. I figure it will average out by and large.

I can say that I have not been mis-charged often and when I catch it at the time it's either my fault (damn publick schules) or corrected at the tmie of sale.

So I guess I'm agreeing with 16GG here - "without my immediate knowledge shall remain so" as I'm usually a fair distance away frmo the point of purchase.
rayb
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:52 pm  Reply with quote

Ron Overberg wrote:
Sporting stores are great entertainment. I was purchasing a case of Rem #8 shot a the Black Sheep store in Idaho. I took the case to the counter and the (very) young lady rang it up at the per BOX price of $3.99. I am basically an honest person and found my self explaining there were ten boxes in the package. She was sheepishly thankful and I slept well that night. I wondered how many cases slipped out before I arrived. It is tempting sometimes-damn that conscience! Rolling Eyes
Best,
Ron

I think that same young lady works at the Academy store in Amarillo, Texas..

wscato
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:08 pm  Reply with quote

Anyone with a Dicks Sporting Goods near them check your Sunday paper today. There is a coupon in their sale sheet that is Buy 1 box of Ammo at Full price get the second one at 50% off. Limit 6 boxes.

Anyways they have the Remington Game Loads in 16 gauge for $3.79 and I got 6 boxes today for $17 and some change with tax.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:17 pm  Reply with quote

870 hit it right on the head Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
chopper
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:48 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks Wscato! I picked up my 6 today and plan on getting 6 more tomorrow...
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:45 pm  Reply with quote

I used the coupon to buy 2 boxes of 12 ga. 3" Hevi-Shot (1 1/4 oz. #4) that my son and I will need in South dakota in 3 weeks for our combo waterfowl/pheasant hunt. (I do already have 93 boxes of 16 ga. skeet/trap loads ).....

chopper
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:16 pm  Reply with quote

I just went back to pick up my next 6 boxes and found an add on the counter for a case price of $2.98 per box....so I came home with a full case instead Cool.
TJC
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:25 am  Reply with quote

Not that I need any more Rem Game loads (still have 17 cases) but I'm going to head over to Dicks and pick up a few more boxes. I just got one of the Reward Points coupons in the mail. Figure I'd spend that as it expires in a month as well as take advantage of the shell sale.