16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Part II Excess shotgun ammo from private seller & member
kb
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:03 pm  Reply with quote

A week ago today, I posted here some excess 16 gauge ammo I was willing to sell.
I want to thank everyone who has responded by email. I expect to be making shipments via UPS starting this week to all those who purchased. One of the things I was asked frequently was whether I had some other shotgun ammo in different gauges that I would be willing to sell. Actually I do and this posting will be a new updated list of what I am willing to part with. To contact me use this email address:

kbukovich@gmail.com

I will answer any questions or inquiries and will arrange other details with prospective buyers. There is no shipping charges (that will cost me) but I want to make this as simple and convenient as possible. Please email me your best reasonable offers or I will give you a price quote based on what (and how much) you are ordering. When you see [ ] that indicates MSRP. Naturally, it is first come basis. Here is the updated list based on gauge:

16 GAUGE:

RST Lite 2 1/2-inch, 1oz, copper coated shot, #6, 1200 fps, 10 boxes. [$15.50]

HEVI-SHOT Classic Doubles 2 3/4-inch, 1oz, #6, 1150 fps, 41 boxes (ten rounds per box). [in the low to mid $30+ range] (Classic Doubles are safe for vintage guns)

POLY-WAD Spread-R, 2 1/2-inch, 1oz, 2 3/4 dr eq, #6 shot, 5 boxes. [$15.00]

20 GAUGE:

HEVI-SHOT Classic Doubles, 3-inch, 1oz, 1250 fps, #6 shot (buffered), 16 boxes (ten rounds per box). [again in the low to mid $30+ range] (Safe for vintage guns0

HEVI-SHOT Pheasant, 2 3/4-inch, 7/8 oz, 1250 fps, #6 shot, 26 boxes (ten rounds per box). (your shotgun has to be able to use steel shot safely in order to use this load even thought it is not a steel shot load)

WINCHESTER AA Target, 2 3/4-inch, 1 oz, 7 1/2 shot, 10 boxes. (I just remembered I had this flat as I was typing this. I paid something like $96 at Cabela's when I originally obtained them.)

12 GAUGE:

FEDERAL Premium Field Load, 2 3/4 inch, 1220 fps, #6 shot copper coated, 3 1/4 dr eq, 1 1/4 oz, plastic hull/wad, 9 boxes. ( This is a moderate load and the 3 1/4- 1 1/4 @ 1220 fps is an extremely well balanced load ballistically speaking. It is the load that world champion pigeon shooters use very often when big money prizes are at stake and IMHO I think it is the best all around 12 bore pheasant load. It has plenty of knock down power but without the unnecessary recoil of the heavier loads)

KENT/GAMEBORE Pure Gold with Diamond Shot, 2 1/2-inch, plastic hull/Fibre Wad, #6 shot, around 1350 fps, 10+ boxes. [$15.99] (This Gamebore load is considered a premier load in the UK and is often used on driven pheasant shoots. It is part of the George Digweed Signature series of loads carried by Kent. Mr. Digweed is something like a 20 times world clay champion and is a modern legend in shooting circkes -- some consider him the best living shot shotgun wise today. Digweed worked closely with Kent/Gamebore in selecting the powders and internal wadding for this specific load seeking to obtain "consistent patterns coupled with exceptional recoil smoothness." That is not just marketing hype -- I can attest from using this load that it is well thought out and effective. I plan to keep some of these shells for myself to use but will part with some. At one time this load could be found on the retail shelves of Cabela's but now it is only found in their online catalog for ordering. That is a shame because this load deserves better exposure here in the U.S.)

HULL HIGH PHEASANT, 2 1/2-inch, plastic hull/Fibre Wad, 1 1/8 oz (32g), #5 shot, 10 boxes. (Hull is a highly respected name in the UK and this particular load is a favorite among driven pheasant shooters for bringing down high-flying birds. Sadly, Hull ammo is very hard to find here in the U.S. English shooters like quick loads with a moderate payload and this fits the bill. It will bring down any ringneck here in the U.S. as long as you point your gun to the right spot.)

HOLLAND & HOLLAND Royal Game, 2 1/2-inch, 1oz, #5 & #6 shot, plastic hull/Fibre wad, 10+ boxes. [$10.50] (The reputation of this load precedes it. Highly respected in both Europe, the UK, and the US. I plan to keep some of this for myself but will part with a limited amount to deal with excess.)

As always any questions or inquiries email me at kbukovich@gmail.com
Payments to be made with bank or US Postal money order. Will ship via UPS.
Hope to hear from you!

Regards,
Keith in MI