16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  New Remington ISIS load
s_long
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:18 am  Reply with quote

In honor of Doug's wishes, this type of post will not be tolerated as it has absolutely no place on this forum. I knew Doug for over 15 years before his passing, and can tell you with total confidence that he would not condone this type of post on 16ga. This was intended to be a gentlemen's forum for discourse on 16ga, period.

We will be deleting this post shortly.

Finally, if you disagree, please refer to Doug's own post on this very topic (from 2006):
http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1736
Two Pipe Shoot
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:32 am  Reply with quote

This was Doug's request. It bears repeating on this thread for reference. Reno

11sep06

I've had many, many comments about the civility of our GunTalk forum. Everyone seems to appreciate the exchange of information-- presented rationally, reasonably and sometimes with a bit of humor.

No one seems to be looking for a fight but sometimes differences in opinion crossover into personal comments. My advice is stop and think before you type something stupid... so you won't find yourself on the outside looking in.

I'm proud of this forum and it's wealth of content and I want it to be friendly.

Thank you for your help. --for The 16ga. Society, --Doug

Semper Limitae

Ruff Hunter
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:42 am  Reply with quote

Actions like this are the #1 reason why this site has a reputation for civil and learned discussions on shotguns. And as bonus, it's makes gentlemen out of shooters by enlightening them on the virtues of the 16GA.

16Ga BRNO
20Ga LC Smith
20Ga Miroku x2 (Model F & Model 500)
28Ga AYA 4/53 (bucket list item #6)
number1wrench
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:43 pm  Reply with quote

s_long wrote:
In honor of Doug's wishes, this type of post will not be tolerated as it has absolutely no place on this forum. I knew Doug for over 15 years before his passing, and can tell you with total confidence that he would not condone this type of post on 16ga. This was intended to be a gentlemen's forum for discourse on 16ga, period.

Finally, if you disagree, please refer to Doug's own post on this very topic (from 2006):
http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1736

THANKS
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:16 pm  Reply with quote

While I take no issue with this course of action I must say that not all discussion here have been as genteel as reputed. Searching around I have seen a couple members viciously attack someone, usually without provocation. Sometimes over absolutely nothing beyond perhaps the attacker's boredom. Maybe it is time for everyone to consider that harsh reality.
I do appreciate those who conduct themselves in a civil manner and tend read their comments with more interest. Carry on...

Two Pipe Shoot
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:29 pm  Reply with quote

WyoChukar wrote:
While I take no issue with this course of action I must say that not all discussion here have been as genteel as reputed. Searching around I have seen a couple members viciously attack someone, usually without provocation. Sometimes over absolutely nothing beyond perhaps the attacker's boredom. Maybe it is time for everyone to consider that harsh reality.
I do appreciate those who conduct themselves in a civil manner and tend read their comments with more interest. Carry on...
I suggest that posts that meet this criteria represent less than .25 of 1%, it's just that they are so offensive that they adversely affect the other 99.75%. I still think that we do better than other sites and that we should aspire to do better. I promise to try if others will too. I really appreciate the input of others and encourage those who differ to do so with respect. Do unto others with concern for the rest of us. Reno

jswanson
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:16 am  Reply with quote

[quote="s_long"]In honor of Doug's wishes, this type of post will not be tolerated as it has absolutely no place on this forum. I knew Doug for over 15 years before his passing, and can tell you with total confidence that he would not condone this type of post on 16ga. This was intended to be a gentlemen's forum for discourse on 16ga, period.

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1736[/quote]

Thank you.

Joe