16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  A Parker followed Me Home-Gun Shows Tempt Me Beyond My Limit
Fluesy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:09 pm  Reply with quote

There I was, 11-48 to the left of me, Refinished Sterlingworth to the Right of me, what the Heck's a Guy to do? Yep I whipped out that wallet Hemorrhaged a Wad O' Cash and it came home with me. Don't know as I did really good or got dingled. This is what I think I have, 16 Gauge Parker Brothers PH on a No.1 frame, colorcase is about 65-75%. The barrels are 85-90%. It was restocked on the Buttstock, with a better grade of wood from Fajen, it is a splinter forend. It has 26" barrels choked 1/2 & 1/4
(I/C & Mod?) The barrels are Boehler Stahl, it is chambered 2-3/4". It is firmly on face, no wiggle or wobble in the joint. The screws are not Buggered up too bad. The good news is it goes Boom at the pull of each trigger, the hulls look normal. It has a small what appears to be Ivory mid-rib bead. The bores are shiney, shiney shiney. Engraving is still temptingly there. The Triggerguard is a little chingered up from the restocking. And I still think it has some birds left in it. The Sterlingworth was hard to resist it was a very well done restoration(refinish). The gun also came with a Leg O' Mutton Case, that needs a little work but none the less is there. Also has a 16 Gauge Damascas barrel set with it, not the ones that came with the gun but they were thrown in. I paid $1100 (months and months worth of Mad Money) for the distinguished gentleman from Connecticutt. I believe the first thing I will do with the gun is order the Parker Buttplate and Grip Cap from Galazan's, that Fajen Buttplate, Grip Cap and those white line spacers gotta go!!!!
Ben Yarian
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:56 pm  Reply with quote

I think you did alright. The ph grades that i have seen,seem to go for a high price. All 16 gauges seem to go for more than you paid. most of the ph's i have seen have twist barrels. i personaly would like the fluid steel for hunting. even with a new stock, if it fits you all the better. its just my opinion but i am not a collector and buy my guns to hunt with. and a classic parker is a wonderfull gun
ben
Jeff Mulliken
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:02 pm  Reply with quote

The restock should give you modern dimensions. Boehler Stahl? I assume this was rebarrelled too? As a P it would have been twist steel.
So the rebarrel gives you the ability to shoot about any ammo. It should prove to be a good shooter for you.

Congratulations.

Jeff
Fluesy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:18 pm  Reply with quote

I think it appropriate I post a Picture or Two, actually Revdocdrew encouraged me and I must add one of the Pup.[img][url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=447768&c=500&z=1"] [/url][/img] [img][url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=447769&c=500&z=1"] [/url][/img] [img][url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=447772&c=500&z=1"] [/url][/img] I'm hoping this works, the gun and the Pup both are Cuties[img][url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=447773&c=500&z=1"] [/url][/img]
Fluesy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:31 pm  Reply with quote

Also I forgot to add, according to my Super Accurate Digital Bathroom Scales, the Gun weighs 6.5 Lbs. It didn't feel too heavy after a march for Quail, absolutley no heavier than my Citori Lightning 26".
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:10 am  Reply with quote

Fluesy,
Did you get the PM that I sent you?
Thanks, Dave Miles