16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Ithica 37
sixteen gunz
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:06 pm  Reply with quote

I just ordered an Ithaca 37 in 16 gauge and I'm very interested in the shells that do and don't eject. I've primarily shot Federals and Remington's in the past and will probably use these in my new 16. Has anyone had problems with the Kent UU in a model 37. Does anyone know of a good field load in a very hard true #7, or nickel or copper coated #7's that would not have ejection problems in the model 37. Thanks for any ideas.

I JUST ORDERED AN iTHACA
________
N02 VAPORIZER

Last edited by sixteen gunz on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scolari
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:37 am  Reply with quote

I have shot a lot of different shells through mine and can help with shells that don't eject well. Federal, Remington and Nobel work fine. I have had trouble with Winchester, Fiocchi and B&P. Those are the only brands that I have tried. I'd be interested in hearing about problems with brands that I haven't used.
Scolari
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:15 pm  Reply with quote

A friend of mine was thinking about selling his Ithica 37. It is the classic model with a ring tail forearm and choke tubes. It is about 3 years old and in pretty good shape. He said he thought it might be worth $500. Does anyone have any idea if this is a good asking price or is it too mech. It sounded high to me.
Crow 99
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:52 pm  Reply with quote

Scolari... Last retail on that gun was $812, wholesale about $640. Since Ithaca just stopped production and is being "bought out," I think I'd take the deal if I were you. There won't be any more for a while, and the Classic's, well..., a classic.
Scolari
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:39 am  Reply with quote

Crow 99, I didn't know that Ithica was going out of production. I think they have the same problem that Winchester had with the Model 12. Although the guns are well made, it's more than most people want to pay for a pump gun.
I don't think I'll buy the gun as I have one already. Earl's gun is very nice. He shoots it very little since he shoots mostly doubles. I just cleaned it for him last week and there is very little ware on it. He also bought a skeet and cylinder bore choke for it. I don't think he will have trouble selling it. I may list it on the guns for sale section of our gun talk if he wants me to.
sixteen gunz
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:19 am  Reply with quote

Scolari-
I had ordered a somewhat custom Model 37, 16 gauge from Ithaca and my gun was never completed due to the factory locking their doors last week. They may be transfering to another factory but nobody knows for sure when production will resume. I guess a lot of managers got fired and they are under some sort of restructuring, to say the least. Check your pm's about Earl's gun.
Thanks sixteen gunz
________
SEQUOIA