16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Browning Ammo
Savage16
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:04 am  Reply with quote

seems like in March I saw the 12 ga targets for $7.99. There's hope!

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:50 am  Reply with quote

Best keep in mind that Browning has offered shotshells several times in the past. All production was contracted to various ammo manufacturers, so hull types have varied. Best split one of the Browning hulls evenly lengthwise and remove one side at the metal. Then do an internal comparison w/ other brand hulls to find out exactly what type of hulls you have.

Best remember that Browning now owns the Winchester brand name. I'm betting the Browning 16 gauge hulls are probably Cheddite/Winchester types with a molded plastic base. Federal types will have a rolled and compressed paper base wad.
Jimbo
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:34 am  Reply with quote

kgb wrote:
16s have the Cheddite stars in the headstamp while the 12s have a Buckmark and apparent AA construction.

Darn it! I was hoping we would finally have a brass based hull we could reload.
Jimbo
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:37 am  Reply with quote

Ray-citori wrote:
Wouldn't it be a bad joke if they don't manufacture 16 ga. since they make so many different shotguns chambered in 16 and coming out in late Sept. with a semi-auto in 16. Embarassed Laughing

I have one of those late model 16 ga Citori's. And a beautiful Turkish 16 SxS. The Turkish gun's chambers are on the loose side of the SAAMI spec, and the Citori on the tight side. So much difference that it takes multiple passes with the resizing collet to get the reloads to fit the Citori.
byrdog
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:00 pm  Reply with quote

get a MEC Supersizer and adjust it to resize to the smaller diameter. When inspecting hulls before reloading look carefully for cracked heads and chuck any that look ify.

If you take Cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like Prunes than Rhubarb does ----G.M/
Jimbo
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:03 pm  Reply with quote

byrdog wrote:
get a MEC Supersizer and adjust it to resize to the smaller diameter. When inspecting hulls before reloading look carefully for cracked heads and chuck any that look ify.

Thanks for replying, but my Grabber has a collet sizer just like a Sizemaster. I know this because I own a 20 ga. SIzemaster. The 16 ga. Grabber collet has been adjusted as tight as possible. When the steel bases are considerably oversize, it is very difficult to resize them. It takes 5 to 6 squeezes. That doesn't happen with brass base hulls.