16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  RBL 16 on Gunbroker
sneem
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:25 pm  Reply with quote

A friend of mine put his RBL 16 up for sale on gunbroker. Its in perfect condition. Double trigger, straight grip, beavertail, up graded wood. I've shot it and its really nice. Asking $2400 seems more than fair.

I have no part of the sale, just to make things clear.

skeettx
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:44 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/587594721

He says
Just in time for pheasant season. This gun is in pristine condition. Connecticut Shotguns made the RBL-16 on a scaled frame in a limited run. It is very rare to find one at all, let alone one offered at this low a starting price. Details: Straight grip, gold double triggers, beavertail fore end, 29" barrels (IC/IM), American black walnut wood with amazing figure, and beautiful case coloring on the receiver with engraved setters on the sides. Weight is right at 7 lbs. with the thin pad. LOP is 14 1/4" with the thin pad and 14 3/4" with the thick one (installed in the pictures). Included with the gun are all the original accessories: boxed snap caps, owner's manual, lockable hard case and two interchangeable butt pads. I bought this gun used as a companion to my RBL-20, but I have found that I like the 20 so much, I don't shoot this. Four boxes of shells through it by my hand would be a generous estimate. I believe the previous owner shot one box. Ships to your FFL by insured USPS Ground for $50. Personal checks will be held 5 business days to ensure they have cleared your bank.

gjw
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:12 pm  Reply with quote

I must say that it's a nice gun like all CSMC guns are. But a 16ga @ 7lbs is just a bit heavy for me. Might as well shoot a 12ga. Of course most Dickinson 16ga SxS's are in that weight range also. I lucked out and my Dickinson is 6.5lbs. Either way, looks like someone may get a good deal if the bidding doesn't go crazy.

Good Luck to any bidders here on this board.

Best,

Greg

Riflemeister
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:32 pm  Reply with quote

gjw wrote:
I must say that it's a nice gun like all CSMC guns are. But a 16ga @ 7lbs is just a bit heavy for me. Might as well shoot a 12ga. Of course most Dickinson 16ga SxS's are in that weight range also. I lucked out and my Dickinson is 6.5lbs. Either way, looks like someone may get a good deal if the bidding doesn't go crazy.

Good Luck to any bidders here on this board.

Best,

Greg

My 16ga Dickinson with POW stock, semi-beavertail fore arm and 28" barrels weighs 6 pounds 10 ounces. A 7 pound Dickinson, especially with English stock and sliver fore arm must have very dense wood to be that hefty. I thought most Dickinson 16 Ga's were right around 6 1\2 pounds. I should qualify that by saying I've only had three on my scales.

BigCreekMI
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:38 am  Reply with quote

I have one that I like a lot. Just shot a very respectable round of clays with it Sunday. Have been selling some nice guns lately, but this one will remain in my regular shooting rotation for a while longer.

Natty Bumpo
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:51 pm  Reply with quote

That's a nice gun, but that interchangeable butt pad system would be a deal breaker for me. Those things are HEAVY and puts the all the weight in the wrong place. Balance goes South. The hard rubber butt plate just works better on a hunting gun.

Also I see very few RBL 16s under 6 1/2 # which is an ideal weight w/ 29" barrels, for me.

df
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:07 pm  Reply with quote

Thats a very good prive.
I have the CSMC RBL in 20 ga.
Have not shot it a lot, but its a very nice gun.
ROMAC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:59 pm  Reply with quote

It went for $2,700.

Somebody got a deal!