16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  New sweet sixteen
Kevingoetaski
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:18 pm  Reply with quote

I work for my sheriff department and today we had a fundraiser pheasant hunt on game creek hunting preserve in NJ. Many other law enforcement officers came from current and retired. I am shooting the new browning A5 sweet sixteen and had many compliments on the gun. It handled well on I knocked down quite a few pen raised pheasants. This was my first time shooting a 16 gauge and feel I may of spoiled myself by how well this gun did. I am extremely happy with this purchase and I am sure everyone else who bought this gun are as well.

skeettx
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:19 pm  Reply with quote

Great report
Thank you for sharing
What choke did you use?
Mike

Kevingoetaski
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:44 pm  Reply with quote

I was using modified choke. It was a tower shoot with high winds. So had a lot of far shots. I have not had chance to pattern the chokes that came with gun or talk to briley about extended choke tubes yet. That is my plan for Christmas gift for myself.

Black Belt
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:05 pm  Reply with quote

I am extremely happy with my new sweet sixteen! I've been pounding the rabbits in front of my beagles with mine and love how the gun shoots and carries. I've noticed very little recoil and the patterns are spot on from my experience in the field (no chance to put them on paper yet).

One note: after cleaning my gun yesterday I noticed a small crack starting in the forend on the right side just above the stud that mates the forend to the receiver. I called Browning today and was asked to call parts tomorrow since they were closed due to weather, I guess. The fellow I spoke with indicated that they would swap out forends with me and gave me a solid impression that I would not need to send the entire gun in. Just something for those of you with new sweets to watch.