16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  SOLD Fine French 16 O/U
TheBrightSide
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:16 am  Reply with quote

Hello,

I am looking to sell my Chapuis 16 ga O/U. Chapuis is a French gun maker, known for their double rifles. Their shotguns are built on the same blitz actions, so they are robust and stout despite their svelte and elegant appearance. The gun has 27 5/8” barrels and fixed chokes of IC/IM.

It has a nice high grade walnut stock with a hand rubbed oil finish (Chapuis stocks are known as some of the best in the business). It is equipped with sling swivels that were installed by the factory. It comes with the factory Negrini hard case. LOP is 14 3/8" over single trigger, standard drop measurements (1 1/2" and 2 1/4"). Weight on the gun is 6 lbs 12 oz.

I would describe the condition of the gun as excellent. It is only four years old and I have taken very good care of it. There are some light handling marks in the stock as expected (mostly all on one side and nothing that shows up in pictures) and a few scuffs on the barrel bluing due to contact with the forend (so not visible when the gun is assembled).

I am asking $2200 shipped, which is less than half of what I paid for it 4 years ago ($4500).

Thanks for looking!