16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Why my kennels are locked when were not home.
fourtrax
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:37 pm  Reply with quote

Two well intentioned fools at play here.
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/crime/4199066-superior-pair-face-dognapping-charges

Luckily for them they took what was a mild mannered dog. Two of mine would have laid the bite on an intruder into their pen.

AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:35 pm  Reply with quote

Sometimes the do-good-ers can't see the forest for the rocks.
Beagleman
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:42 pm  Reply with quote

My first thought was that this is unbelievable. My second thought was that this was very believable. My beagles don't bite, but their 6'3" 300lb. owner does.

Ray-citori
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:07 pm  Reply with quote

ASPCA and HSA have been flooding the airwaves here showing dogs chained in the snow and in cages. They are fund raising commercials. You knew some poor fool would try to do a self recue.
byrdog
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:00 am  Reply with quote

I would give them my dogs for$10,000.00 if the took them to the Humane Society, so I could get them back. People should BUT OUT

If you take Cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like Prunes than Rhubarb does ----G.M/
cbhd
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:43 pm  Reply with quote

The humane society is the worst organization for animals of any species. They are against any kind of pet ownership. Search Wayne Pacelle, he's a real piece of work. The humane society is full of corrupt and deceitful people. Watch the movie " The dog lover", great movie based on an actual case. If your looking to donate for a good cause, check out protect the harvest.

1931 Remington Model 11 16ga.
1946 Remington Model 11 16ga.
1933 Remington Model 11 16ga.
1950 Winchester Model 12 16ga.
1928 Browning A5 16ga.
fourtrax
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:45 pm  Reply with quote

Just a note here.,

The HSUS, that's the HUMANE SOCIETY of the United States is the true enemy of all hunting, hunters, etc. They are the best funded anti hunting group out there. Their hypocrisy knows no limits.

HOWEVER THERE IS A DIFFERENCE between most local HUMANE associations that run shelters for stray, lost, abandoned, & unwanted pets (cats & dogs mostly).
While some local "do gooders" may get over zealous like the story above in the link. Most local humane associations that run shelters are NOT associated with the H.S.U.S. The local outfits generally do much more good than harm.

Too BAD the HSUS doesn't support local animal shelters instead of sharping the "do gooders" for their donations.

AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:49 pm  Reply with quote

I see PETA is taking the credit for putting Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Circus out of business. Nice going you A__H___.
jswanson
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:16 am  Reply with quote

My biggest problem with these do gooders is there good intentions are misdirected. We have people in this country that are living in deplorable condition, underfed, and can't read or write. . I realize that some of these folks can't be helped but many can. Talk to the do gooders about that and its always somebodies else's job.

Riflemeister
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:03 am  Reply with quote

If I get some liberal do-gooder trying to say my dogs are living in deplorable conditions, I'll own them. My buddies call this the dog condo. Heated in the winter, air conditioned in the summer. Dog Den dog houses inside with Hound Heaters that I have to run on low so they don't stay too warm. I certainly don't see any dog abuse here.

I run them in the fields three times a day plus yard work in the off season.

fourtrax
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:11 pm  Reply with quote

Riflemeister,
Nice digs. You have any openings? I could use a nice pad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manofthewoods
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:58 pm  Reply with quote

cbhd wrote:
The humane society is the worst organization for animals of any species. They are against any kind of pet ownership. Search Wayne Pacelle, he's a real piece of work. The humane society is full of corrupt and deceitful people. Watch the movie " The dog lover", great movie based on an actual case. If your looking to donate for a good cause, check out protect the harvest.

The dog lover should be REQUIRED for anybody who thinks they know dogs. I showed it to my 11 year old daughter who has been surrounded by some people who think they know about puppy mills, etc. Who might those people be? Why school of course.

Serious hunting dog breeders are so knowledgeable and caring it's hard for those who don't know to believe. We're on deck to adopt our Pudelpointer in 6 weeks. My daughter has seen what a loving family does to support a litter - Just the counter to the bull that seems to be the dominant theme these days.

If there is such thing as re-incarnation, I wanna come back as a hunting dog in pretty much any of my fellow 16g society households - that'd be the life! Smile

WyoChukar
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:08 pm  Reply with quote

Heck, I live in a small town, mostly travel to small towns, and I still lock my vehicle when I leave it parked with Rusty inside during a quick run into the store.

When it is even remotely warm I stretch a blanket from door to door before locking up so there is shade, etc. yet still worry about misguided people. Animal rights nuts and thieves are both scum who will steal an obviously well cared for animal.

Gil S
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:57 am  Reply with quote

Willa and Abby atop machine washable slab in climate controlled kennel.
16gaDavis
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:59 am  Reply with quote

when Molly was still a small pup , mom insisted I bring her for a visit . After a bit , she wanted me to go to the restaurant with her . She had a big Merc , so we went and left the Beagle in the car . Had that big shelf in the back , had water and chow right in plain view . 30 degrees outside , probably 70 in that big window/sun . After in the rest and done with lunch , was ready to leave and the owner comes over . An HS idiot is out there trying to break in and rescue the dog . Of course , Molly is howling it up cause she's by herself . We come out and the guy is right in my face . Course it didn't matter the dog was in the lap of luxury . He called the cops , they didn't show and we ignored him and left ... 1st thing I did when she was gotten was have a chip put in her just in case . Have been a few near misses with people trying to swipe her , but we dodged all the bullets !