16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  New Sweet Sixteen disappointment
fn16ga
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:26 am  Reply with quote

putz463 wrote:
fn16ga, glad Browning is taking care of the situation for you & nice way to vent some steam by chasing a couple Doodles. I cant see enough of the gun under them. My favorite shotgun platform is O/U + DT's and that is one sweet looking machine. What is it?

It is a FAIR Rizzini LX900 29 1/2 barrels. I shoot this as good as any gun I have ever owned, once I got the stock fit to me . This one is a keeper.
Cass
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:30 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks to you guys for posting about the firing pin spring and roll pin. I was taking my Sweet Sixteen bolt assembly apart for the first time today and was puzzled at first when I felt no spring tension on the firing pin and saw the roll pin. I was cleaning my A5 12ga at the same time, so the difference was obvious.

Then I had the vague recollection of reading this post!

The roll pin should do the trick, but does take more work to remove. They can loosen and drift over time so should be checked occasionally. Both ends are significantly recessed though so it would have to drift a lot to cause problem.

I guess they thought a free floating firing pin would not be a problem. It's certainly used on a lot of military semi-autos. I wonder if they will go to that design on the 12ga A5.

The firing pin is a lot simpler design too, mostly a straight shaft.

Cass
Stevo94
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:05 pm  Reply with quote

I received my new SW 16 in December 2016. I only took the bolt apart about a month ago. I too was confused that there was no firing pin spring as I also own a Benelli and was very used to taking it apart and having to keep a finger over the firing pin for fear of it flying across the room when the retaining pin is pulled.
I called the dealer right away and told them the problem. They said they would ship me a spring asap. I just received the spring today and also coincidentally found this post!!! So now what do I do?! Do I install the pin and try it out?? Has anyone else tried it with a spring?
Another issue....has anyone else experienced any hiccups with the speed load feature not working? I had a few of those as well and chalked it up to the firing pin spring because on a Benelli this spring extends the bolt face and rotates it. I thought maybe the bolt face not being in the correct orientation might have been the issue. Wrong. Even with the firing pin spring installed, the bolt face is not moved forward by this spring tension like in the Benelli. So I guess I'll have to try it out with the spring and see how it works....I will report back. In the meantime if anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.
Black Belt
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:37 pm  Reply with quote

The new sweets function fine without the firing pin spring. Not sure on your sped load issue.
fn16ga
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:15 pm  Reply with quote

Browning told me that the SweetSixteen does not have or need the spring . It is NOT supposed to have the spring .

Not sure why you are having a speed load issue. I have loaded at least 600 rounds in mine with out an issue. Are you using factory loads or reloads ?