16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  a change in the weather !!
16gaDavis
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:42 am  Reply with quote

was getting a little ""creeped out "" by WYO's thread on falling . Every nite , the sidewalk would glaze over and freeze for the nitely dog walk . Last Fri , it was 18 degrees for the morn skeet practice , tripped on a hidden ice ball in the 6'' of snow , went on my a** ! Not hurt . Sat , for the, FL skeet league , could have shot in my shirt and shell bag , temps in the 50's and the snow was gone !! Been at or near record heat for most of this week since . 65 right now . Now last yr at this time , we had a large snow storm and from then on had a all time record hot/dry summer . As this is occurring now , am hoping that this summer does NOT repeat last yr !! The fruit trees here did nothing and the farm markets went dry . Do not want that again !! Please come back winter !!

jschultz
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:58 am  Reply with quote

Yep, I now what you mean. We have had the same weather that you described and the Big Horn River has flooded the south end of our ranch. Three years ago the river flooded due to ice jams and I had about 1/2 mile of fence to replace. The fruit trees and other plants thought that it was time to bud only to their demise.
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:06 pm  Reply with quote

It was ice jams and flash floods around here last week. Now I am being sent to Casper a day early as they are forecast to receive 2 feet of snow and we have to get there before the roads close. Nature's mood swings, gotta love 'em. Rolling Eyes

16gaDavis
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:31 pm  Reply with quote

update : headed for cabin to rabbit . on the way , stop at Naples Creek relative to check Rainbow Trout run . Already in there , spawning and water is summer low !! 6 weeks till opener , will go but not expecting much !!... 70 degrees at cabin , bunnying with flannel shirt only ! Dogs been waiting for this and she gives it her all . 2-3 hrs of continuous action , of course all acrossed the road . Ok with neighbor to hunt , but in deference to them , rarely fire the gun . She ran almost contin , but at the end ,a couple weird howls and then quiet . Never know if she had the big one , coyote attack or what . She limped back dragging her a** and leaking oil !! ... how great seeing a 16yr old Britt hunt till she has to lay down and get carried , a 16yr old Golden walk the big country at the REZ , and an old Beagle go till she can't walk !!