16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Choke Tubes for newer Ithaca Model 37 in 16ga
wgalvinized
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:28 pm  Reply with quote

My first post here in the 16ga. I have an Ithaca Model 37 in 16ga. It is a newer model made in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. I bought it a couple years ago when they were ending production of their 16ga. I love the gun.

It came with Briley flush choke tubes in F, M and IC. I am looking for a couple additional choke sizes especially Skeet and Cylinder. The Ithaca and Briley websites only list tubes for the Model 37 in 12, 20 and 28.

I have conducted some fruitless internet searches. Anybody know where or if 16ga tubes are available for this gun?

Thanks!
old colonel
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:06 pm  Reply with quote

Contact Briley, they will be able to help you

wgalvinized
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:43 pm  Reply with quote

I contacted Briley. FWIW Ithaca uses the standard Invector choke tubes. (Not the Invector Plus or DS). Kind of convenient that I can interchange tubes between my Citori 16ga and Ithaca Model 37 16ga. I have physically confirmed this with both firearm's tubes.

I forgot to ask if this applies to other gauges but I would presume it does. Seems unlikely they would use a different type of tube for each gauge.

Hopefully this will be helpful to others.
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:38 pm  Reply with quote

The Ohio made 37 in 20 and 12 ga. use the Invector Plus tubes. HOWEVER they are different diameters than the Browning Inv+ tubes. The Ithaca guns are not backbored and the diameter between the bores of the Browning\Winchester and Ithaca guns are different. Using a Browning Inventor plus in an Ohio 37 gun will mean it is more open, by at least .005-.010. This is what Zack at Ithaca Gun in Upper Sandusky and Gary at Briley have both confirmed.

I get my chokes for my Ohio Ithaca 37's from MPC Sports and are cheaper than from Briley-

http://mpcsports.com/ithacapluschokes.aspx

Note they are called Ithaca Plus chokes.

Do not have an Ohio made 16 ga. yet, but 2 Ohio 37's, King Ferry 16 ga. English Ultralight with chokes and more than a few 37's mainly focused on the 16. Had Briley install thin walls in my 16 ga. 37 RV Deluxe. Today won a pre war 37 solid rib 16 ga. Score!! Been hunting that unicorn for a long time now Very Happy Someday an Ohio 16 will find it's way into my collection.