16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  SOLD: CSMC RBL 16 Ga
BPGuy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:28 am  Reply with quote

SOLD Elsewhere. Thanks for your interest!

Price was $3100 + shipping an insurance -

Price NOW is $2900 shipped and insured to the lower 48! I'm tired of watching it languish and I'm ready to move it out. No Negotiations Necessary, You've Got My Best Price Right Now!

Hello 16 Ga Society!

I'm offering for sale a Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company RBL 16 Ga shotgun. As you can see, the receiver is Case Color Hardened, everything else is blued, save the gold-nitride coated triggers. This shotgun has 29" barrels fixed choke IC/Mod, quick-change butt pads that offer either 14 1/4" or 14 3/4" LOP's simply by turning the screws that hold the butt pad, removing one and installing the other. Very quick and simple! The weight of this gun is 6 lb 11 oz according to my scale.

This gun also has a straight English stock, splinter forend and two triggers, and automatic selective ejectors. The safety is automatically engaged when the top lever is pushed to the right.

The gun will come in the CSMC lockable hard case that it came in, and everything that came with it is in the box. I have of course used the shotgun and the snap caps, but I never used the hard case or anything else that came with it. In fact, if you notice the green box wrapped in plastic in the next-to-last photo, it hasn't ever in opened. I believe it contains a pair of glasses and a pair of earplugs (this RBL was supposed to come with them), but as I said I've never opened it so I'm not certain what's in it!

I have only ever fired factory-loaded ammunition through this RBL, and mainly 1-oz loads at that. A few hundred rounds of #8's on the skeet field and sporting clays ranges, and 1 oz of #6's hunting pen raised pheasants. I hunted wild birds with it once or twice, and on those trips I use 1 1/8oz of #6's. I estimate this gun has in the neighborhood of 500 rounds through it. This gun has performed perfectly and has not given a single problem.

For the inevitable "Why are you selling it?" Simply put - about 10 years ago I got "into" SxS shotguns. I bought several, shot and hunted with them a lot. As the years have passed, my interest has waned. My tastes have turned to other pastimes, and I'd like to have the safe space and cash in the bank to indulge in them.

My asking price for this fine shotgun is $3100 + actual shipping costs. Insurance is also available upon request and at buyer's expense. I will ship via my local FFL, and only to an FFL. It will come in the original factory box as shown in the last picture. The usual 3-day inspection, if the gun is not materially how I have represented it, you can return it for a refund, minus shipping and insurance. If you shoot it or turn a screw, it's yours.

If you have any questions, please ask!

Please make any purchase discussions via PM.

If you post "I'll Take It!" follow it with a PM to me to discuss particulars, and it's yours. If you don't claim it, then it's still on the table to others.

I'm sorry, I don't understand why some pictures work and some don't. If you copy and paste the link into your browser and delete the [img] before and after and hit enter, it will show the picture.

If you'd like me to email them to you, I will, but I may have to wait until I get home from work in the evening, so please be patient.

Last edited by BPGuy on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:37 pm; edited 7 times in total
skeettx
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:32 pm  Reply with quote

Great pictures

Last edited by skeettx on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
BPGuy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:35 pm  Reply with quote

I don't know how you managed to fix those pics, but I appreciate it.

Thank you!
skeettx
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:36 pm  Reply with quote

You are a quick learner Smile

Last edited by skeettx on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
BPGuy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:40 pm  Reply with quote

Got it, thanks again!
BPGuy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:57 pm  Reply with quote

Bump
BPGuy