16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  The Superlight has landed
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:22 pm  Reply with quote

Well, the 16 gauge Superlight I got from Field Sport off the head's up Funzer posted for us (and I immediately jumped on Very Happy, thanks again funzer) arrived home yesterday. The gun weighs just under 16 pounds 6 ounces, and is the lightest steel framed Citori 16 ga. I've ever held. It's barrels look to be typically straight and well regulated. The choke tubes are installed dead straight, so it should shoot at least as well as any of my other straight shooting Citori models. It has a nicely figured forend with some striped grain up and down its length. the stock wood is more plain, but its not a showboat. This one is for the field.

I've gotten my Christmas present early this year, and am like any big kid with a new toy. I'm all keyed up to shoot it Sunday my club. I'll let you all know how it handles. I got a feeling, this one is going to do just fine.
jig
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:33 pm  Reply with quote

Whoa!!! 16 LBs 6oz;;;;my gosh!! I have anold blunderbust over the fireplace that goes 14.9 I would have sold you. Very Happy
KyBrad16ga
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:17 pm  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy wrote:
The gun weighs just under 16 pounds 6 ounces, and is the lightest steel framed Citori 16 ga. I've ever held. ... its not a showboat. This one is for the field.

I've gotten my Christmas present early this year, and am like any big kid with a new toy.

Great news 16gg. Sounds like a terrific gun for your grouse coverts and at 6 pounds, 6 ounces for a steel Superlight, it sounds very nimble and quick to shoulder.

You will have to let us know how it shoots. Post some pictures if you have any. Congrats.

KB
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:15 pm  Reply with quote

Brad, the town I live in passed an ordinance some time back forbidding me to be anywhere within 100 yards of a camera or anyone holding one. It has something to do with cruel and unusual visual punishment or some other foolishness. I never minded my own countenance in the mirror unless I'd had a cup or two of strong coffee to focus my eyes, including the middle one. Laughing

If you'd like to see the gun, just go the Funzer's post in the guns for sale venue. Field Sport has a nice pic of it. Some day, when I can scrape up enough money long enough to have it before finding another shooter that is, I'll have to buy a computer type camera or whatever the darned things are called. Megapixels? somes like something you might catch from getting too friendly with the wrong giant street walker.
onefunzr2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:22 pm  Reply with quote

16gg,

Merry Christmas to you and your new Citori.

I'd like to make an emendation about the way my username gets fractured. Perhaps an explanation is in order? 1FUNZR2 is my vanity license plate on my primary winter mode of transport: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2 with the regular production option 'Highrider' suspension package. ONEFUNZR2 more fit the letter\numeral requirements of many message boards. I have owned a ZR2 equipped GMC truck since this model came out in 1995. In fact the quicksilver over teal tu-tone '95 was one of only 500 combined Chevy and GMC production for that year. They have taken me from seashore to endless mountains without fail for more than a decade; in style and comfort. This is a snapshot of the present one in State Game Lands 219, the day after a 13" Christmas Day snow fall for flintlock deer season.

So, I'm not the funzer, this is the funzer:

Not a flame, just a correction.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:31 pm  Reply with quote

Heck, at least they don't call you 16 gay guy. Rolling Eyes No offence intended. I'll try to do better. I just get confused anytime someone mixes letters and numbers together in one handle. I can't remember if you are the first or the second funzr, so I just phoneticized it into Funzer. I also sometimes forget how to tie my shoes now, so bear with me.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:33 pm  Reply with quote

Dang---between 16 lb guns and stuck Chevy's I give up Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
sprocket
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:18 pm  Reply with quote

Hey Funzer - I've been on 4x4 boards long enought that I cuaght it

For the record 4x4 is another way to say "four wheel drive" - I know most here said to themselves:

"4x4 = 16"...

signed
99TJinMA
nossman
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:09 am  Reply with quote

Nice Truck Cool

Like sproket, I too figured it was about your truck. As far as being stuck, I don't see that in this pic. However, every winter I do see many many similar vehicles stuck in the snow and abandoned. Rolling Eyes

Tip: For better traction in the snow, mud, sand, rocks, etc. Drop the air pressure in your tires by at least half. It will help provide a wider foot print and some flotation. On my Jeep, I'm currently running 33's on 15x8 rims, and run @ 10 psi. whenever off pavement. If you were already aware of this tip, please disregard.