16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Short 16 ga story
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:42 am  Reply with quote

Since i only shoot 16 ga at sporting/ C , Skeet, Trap, and mainly games. Fellow drove in and asked me to see what he had in his trunk. The old win. Super X C.F. hulls. 4 cases of them. 3 bucks a box # 8's. I didn't have xtra money with me. I called another fellow over who shoots S/C with 16. He bought them all. Next week . The fellow who bought them comes over to my truck with a bag of once fired C/F HULLS. 125 of them. Last week comes to my truck with another 125 once fired. Said he'll bring more till he runs out. The 16 gods are smiling on me. Bill.
RLR390
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:34 am  Reply with quote

That's quite a day at the range! 20 box cases too? Thanks for sharing.
Upland Carpenter
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:52 am  Reply with quote

Hammer bill wrote:
Since i only shoot 16 ga at sporting/ C , Skeet, Trap, and mainly games. Fellow drove in and asked me to see what he had in his trunk. The old win. Super X C.F. hulls. 4 cases of them. 3 bucks a box # 8's. I didn't have xtra money with me. I called another fellow over who shoots S/C with 16. He bought them all. Next week . The fellow who bought them comes over to my truck with a bag of once fired C/F HULLS. 125 of them. Last week comes to my truck with another 125 once fired. Said he'll bring more till he runs out. The 16 gods are smiling on me. Bill.

Seriously? For $3 a box, I think I would have made a hasty run to an atm.

''Common Sense isn't common" -Lefty Kreh
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:57 pm  Reply with quote

Uplander I had a hunch friend of mine would give me the hulls. Guys got more money than sense.
I probably have 1000 in a stach up in my building. This would be a nice addition. I pull out 100 every now and then playing the trap games.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:14 pm  Reply with quote

Some guys have all the luck---believe I would follow him and help burn up that ammo and get more mt's Wink
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:05 pm  Reply with quote

I forgot to mention he also bought 5 cases of Herters last Saturday. He said that was all they had. I said if he is not going to reload if I could get the hulls. He said I'll save them for you. I need to take him couple boxes of my reloads with bad crimp. He loves the load I use. Well I guess I'll fold my wings up and land on the couch for the rest of the evening.Bill
Upland Carpenter
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:37 pm  Reply with quote

Just having a little fun with ya, Bill. Hard deal to pass up even if you're getting hulls for free. One can't even load 16s for $3 a box let alone get 16ga CF ammo for that price. Enjoy.

Marc

''Common Sense isn't common" -Lefty Kreh
4setters
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:15 pm  Reply with quote

Hammer drop! Those CFs are still out there and pop up from time to time. 4 cases is a lottery win however!

A close friend of mine recently came upon a stash of around 250 once-fired Mark 5 high brass hulls, a case of Gamebore ammo and quite a few old paper Hawthorne hulls--all 16 gauge--at an estate sale. I plan to load the paper hulls for him since I have fiber wads.

I gave this person about 150 CF Dove and Quail once-fired hulls about ten years ago, since his brother uses a Sweet 16, but they are still unloaded.

Don't worry, I've impressed on him the value of these CF hulls to some of us in the 16 gauge fraternity, so they won't be thrown in the trash! I won't let them get away!

1955 Browning Auto-5 Mod
1940 Ithaca NID M/F
1959 Beretta Silver Hawk
Ranger 103-II M/F
Browning A-5 Sweet 16
Browning Citori Invector
Rem 870 Remchoke