16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Fausti 16 ga SXS's
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:41 am  Reply with quote

Somebody please stop me! I just bought a 16 ga CSMC RBL off Gunbroker. I don't need it in the least, still waiting (impatiently) for my Fausti to be completed, but I fell in love with the wood on this one. Any ideas from RBL owners on how they decided on what to do with the factory Mod/Full chokes? I may yet end up with 16 of these 16 ga guns if I don't stop looking on these auction sites.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/771210405

double vision
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:47 am  Reply with quote

Riflemeister, you're a 16 gauge Beast!

Beautiful RBL there, Congratulations!

Briley Thinwalls?
skeettx
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:07 am  Reply with quote

WOW!! and double WOW!!!!!

Riflemeister
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:39 am  Reply with quote

UPS shipping data in my E-Mails this morning. Getting closer.

Cold Iron
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:44 am  Reply with quote

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of this new gun!

My preference would be POW, single trigger and semi beavertail forend also. For my first SxS. At the sweet 16 shoot I shot a FAIR Iside Prestige with English stock and splinter forend and did exceptionally well with it. So have been looking at the FAIR Iside Prestige Tartaruga Gold, I have always liked the FAIR 900 series O\U's and have 2 FAIR guns already.

But in reality what you purchased isn't that much more than what the Gold cost new. And is what you (and I) want. I doubt I will ever find one at that price. And such great wood. You did outstanding.
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:08 pm  Reply with quote

I got a call from Briley this morning saying the barrels were too thin for screw-in chokes. After discussing the options, I decided to have the fixed chokes opened to .007" on the right barrel and .015" on the left. That should work well for most hunting situations.

fn16ga
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:13 pm  Reply with quote

Beautiful gun !

I've been temped to buy a RBL several times but most of them are heavier than I would like.
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:25 am  Reply with quote

fn16ga wrote:
Beautiful gun !

I've been temped to buy a RBL several times but most of them are heavier than I would like.

This RBL16 weighs 7 pounds 3 7/8 ounces which is about 1/2 pound heavier than I'm willing to carry all day. It has such nice wood and mechanically is such a nicely designed gun, I decided to keep it to use on preserves and sometimes wild bird hunting that doesn't involve carrying it all day. It really is a nice gun in every respect but the weight, kinda like the girl in school who would have been stunning if she lost a few pounds.

fn16ga
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:40 am  Reply with quote

I never minded the chubby girls. But a chubby 16ga SXS is not my thing . Laughing Laughing
airmedic1
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:14 am  Reply with quote

I lusted for a RBL for a couple of years and finally convinced myself I couldn't live without one. I envisioned birds falling from the air like snowflakes. My 16b weighed over 7 lbs and while it was a beautiful gun, it felt like a club in my hands and I sold it within a few weeks.
AM

Riflemeister
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:57 am  Reply with quote

airmedic1 wrote:
I lusted for a RBL for a couple of years and finally convinced myself I couldn't live without one. I envisioned birds falling from the air like snowflakes. My 16b weighed over 7 lbs and while it was a beautiful gun, it felt like a club in my hands and I sold it within a few weeks.
AM

That weight thing bothers me too, but the balance point is just behind the hinge pin despite having barrels too light for Briley screw-in chokes on a 7+ pound gun. I have a Browning BSS 12 ga that I shoot very well despite weighing 8+ pounds, so I'm hoping the RBL will be one of those guns I shoot well, but just don't want to carry it all day. Time will tell, but it is a very pretty gun with wood that is fantastic. I may find myself following my dogs and dawn on me I've been watching the sunlight play on the wood rather than paying attention to the dogs like I did with my 16 ga Dickinson down in Alabama. Can we say "easily distracted"?

double vision
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:56 am  Reply with quote

As long as you're happy with it that's all that matters. RBL's are beautiful shotguns and most have really nice if not killer wood. You've got your other lightweights, so simply enjoy it!
grouser47
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:18 am  Reply with quote

I have the DEA in 20ga with 28'barrels, straight stock with exceptional wood that comes in at 6lbs on the nose. Balance on the hinge pin and is an absolute joy to shoot. Prefer straight stocks on my hunting side by's -- find them far faster to shoulder for grouse/woodcock.
J

UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:11 pm  Reply with quote

Two of the best shooting 16's I've owned were an ic/m Lefever H grade 30" that weighed 7lbs, and a 7lb Syracuse Arms 30" f/f gun that I just couldn't miss with at long range. They were both too heavy for steep country field use, which is why I let them go, but man, I wish I had one of them back for a dedicated target gun with Briley's.

The man's prayer from the Red Green Show: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. I guess."
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:13 pm  Reply with quote

I finally got the call from Fausti USA telling me my 16 ga DEA has arrived at customs. It will still be a bit before I get my hands on it, but after 13 months of waiting, it is almost here. When it gets here I'll take pictures, and measure everything and post the results on here. Always exciting to get a new gun.