16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  turning a citori lightning into a trap gun, step one
kennedy756
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:10 pm  Reply with quote

bought a citori lightning 28in grade 3 to turn it into a trap gun with an adjustable comb, hard to cut into grade 3 wood, so from the advice from you guys, I am holding up the cutting until I shoot it more, so I installed a Morgen butt plate, slip on comb with insert, and removed the front bead, shot 86/100 today, in the rain. So, I am going to cut it up, but shoot it a bunch more before I do. its going to be a great and beautiful trap gun when I am done.
https://flic.kr/p/MgidUG

16ga Browning A-5 1929
16ga Marlin 90 1939
16ga browning citori lightning grade 3 2003
16ga Francisque Darne 1920
skeettx
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:25 pm  Reply with quote

Great report
Thank you
OR get one of these and modify it and save the original
https://www.midwestgunworks.com/browning-citori/type-3-4-stocks.html#/filter:gauge:16$2520Gauge
Mike

kennedy756
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:47 pm  Reply with quote

nope, not going to spend that much money, and still have to pay to have the comb installed.

16ga Browning A-5 1929
16ga Marlin 90 1939
16ga browning citori lightning grade 3 2003
16ga Francisque Darne 1920
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:22 am  Reply with quote

I put the Precision Fit butt stocks on my 525 Citori skeet gun and my BT-99 trap gun. They are completely adjustable and have an effective recoil absorbing system. No surgery required on your grade III stock and shoot those 1 1/8 oz trap loads with impunity. Yeah, they are butt ugly, but once you get past that, they are fantastic.

http://www.precisionfitstocks.com/

Cold Iron
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:59 am  Reply with quote

Riflemeister wrote:
I put the Precision Fit butt stocks on my 525 Citori skeet gun and my BT-99 trap gun. They are completely adjustable and have an effective recoil absorbing system. No surgery required on your grade III stock and shoot those 1 1/8 oz trap loads with impunity. Yeah, they are butt ugly, but once you get past that, they are fantastic.

http://www.precisionfitstocks.com/

I put a PFS on my Joel Etchen Custom trap combo when I developed a flinch from shooting so much trap. Even got the VDT comb to try and make it look better LOL.

It worked, took a few years but eventually got rid of the yips. And was able to put my EELL wood back on.

Only shot 1 oz. loads for years and eventually 7/8 oz. But the reason AA or AAA trapshooters don't use 1 1/4 oz. loads is because the ATA limit you to 1 1/8. Eventually stopped shooting trap and do a lot more sporting clays and that has been the biggest help so far Very Happy
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:39 am  Reply with quote

I shoot a 525 32" 16 for all games in trap. I just learn to shoot the gun where it wants to send the shot. Shoot ATA occasionally but I can't stand, the waiting around. Same gun on sporting clays.
Have also a 26" grade 3 16 I'll shoot on skeet once in a while just to fill in some time. Dont really care for skeet cause theirs nothing in it. That why i shoot mainly games for meat or money. Sporting clays also.
But with your situation I would not cut the stock. Just find another if your serious.