16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  New Rizzini
Hootch
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:49 pm  Reply with quote

I was surprised at the wood on mine. It was better than I would expect on a gun in this range.

Glad you ordered one Dave, don't think you will be disappointed in the 30" barrels either.

Tell me about the Sterlingworth…
double vision
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:56 pm  Reply with quote

PM coming
double vision
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:25 pm  Reply with quote

Hootch wrote:
I was surprised at the wood on mine. It was better than I would expect on a gun in this range.

Glad you ordered one Dave, don't think you will be disappointed in the 30" barrels either.

These are pretty new, but they seem like a lot of gun for the money. Along with John at Quality Arms, FAIR is being very responsive and open to customer wants. I've had real good communication with a person on their company website. The following is his last email. Hard not to like these guys!

---

Welcome! Thank you!
At your complete disposal
Best regards

Moira Facchini
Sales Department
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:14 am  Reply with quote

Dave Erickson wrote:
Back to the Iside. John is indeed pleasant with whom to process an order. I'm going to get the stock made to my dimensions (comb and LOP), and I'm getting a long trigger tang put on mine. Also 30" barrels and double triggers. It will most likely take a while, but hopefully good things come to those who wait!

You can get one with a long trigger tang? How much extra was that? That was the one thing holding me back from getting one. I didn't want to have to modify a brand new gun, and a short tang on an English grip just isn't my thing.

The man's prayer from the Red Green Show: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. I guess."
rkittine
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:28 am  Reply with quote

I also found FAIR customer service to be very responsive. I called them and said I was about to buy a Iside from John and that I had one problem. The guy I shot with requires that those he shoots with have a hat that matches the gun they are shooting (I have a closet full of gun hats now). I told her this and a hat was on its way to me that afternoon. Made it before the gun showed up, so I did not have to wait to shoot it. Laughing

Bob

16 Gauge O/U Browning 525 Sporting
16 Gauge SxS Rizzini Islide
16 Gauge Pump Browning BPS Upland
16 Gauge Semi-Auto Remington 1100 Sporting
double vision
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:47 am  Reply with quote

UncleDanFan wrote:
Dave Erickson wrote:
Back to the Iside. John is indeed pleasant with whom to process an order. I'm going to get the stock made to my dimensions (comb and LOP), and I'm getting a long trigger tang put on mine. Also 30" barrels and double triggers. It will most likely take a while, but hopefully good things come to those who wait!

You can get one with a long trigger tang? How much extra was that? That was the one thing holding me back from getting one. I didn't want to have to modify a brand new gun, and a short tang on an English grip just isn't my thing.

I was told it's about $200 for the long tang.
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:28 am  Reply with quote

Dave Erickson wrote:
UncleDanFan wrote:
Dave Erickson wrote:

I was told it's about $200 for the long tang.

Thanks! That's worth it.

The man's prayer from the Red Green Show: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. I guess."
double vision
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:12 am  Reply with quote

Here's another 16 gauge Iside that was delivered yesterday. Looks pretty nice to me. You need to scroll down a little on the page.

http://uplandjournal.ipbhost.com/topic/66693-dickinson-estate-vs-fair-iside/?page=7
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:19 am  Reply with quote

Man, that is a nice gun. You could use a gun like that for everything that flies pretty much. Everything with feathers that is Rolling Eyes Laughing

double vision
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:35 am  Reply with quote

UncleDanFan wrote:
Man, that is a nice gun. You could use a gun like that for everything that flies pretty much. Everything with feathers that is Rolling Eyes Laughing

I'd pop a drone with one if I got a good shot! Laughing
Cheesy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:12 pm  Reply with quote

Will they change the checkering on it? I can’t get warmed up to it. Just give me a simple checkering job...
double vision
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:27 pm  Reply with quote

Cheesy wrote:
Will they change the checkering on it? I can’t get warmed up to it. Just give me a simple checkering job...

Ask John Boyd at Quality Arms.
double vision
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:17 am  Reply with quote

I'm not sure how I like the skip-line checkering. It might look pretty good in hand, or not. Anyone who knows me knows I'll have it changed in a New York minute if I think it will make me happier, and of course if I shoot the thing well enough to keep it.
mtbirder
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:45 pm  Reply with quote

Dave Erickson wrote:
UncleDanFan wrote:

I'd pop a drone with one if I got a good shot! Laughing

Something definitely on my "hope I get to......" list.
Last spring while on the Madison River, one of those sons-of-bitches was buzzing overhead - all I was armed with was a Winston 5 weight........
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:48 pm  Reply with quote

Dave Erickson wrote:
I'm not sure how I like the skip-line checkering. It might look pretty good in hand, or not. Anyone who knows me knows I'll have it changed in a New York minute if I think it will make me happier, and of course if I shoot the thing well enough to keep it.

That's my worry too. Spend $2k on a special order gun only to find out you don't shoot it that well. You roll the dice and take your chances...