16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  American shells in short chambers
Brewster11
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:34 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
If you are purchasing these shells at a decent price as you say, I definitely need to check this out

RST online price for 16 ga. 2 1/2" lead shot is $11 per box of 25 (ex. ship), which is actually LESS than Rem Express & Win Super-X from Cabelas. It is available in various shot size including no. 5.
http://www.rstshells.com/store/p/113-16-Ga-2-1/2-Lite-Vel-1200-1-oz-Load-Box.aspx
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:04 pm  Reply with quote

Brewester11,

In reality that is not to bad for the 16 Gauge shells, I do use them, however purchasing the RST 28 gauge shells the cost goes up $4.00 a box and you pay shipping on both the 16 and 28 gauge shells.

For my L.C. Smith and J.P. Sauer older guns I Purchasing the Poly SpredR shells from Lion Country Supply on line. I get free shipping when I mix a case of 16 and 28 Gauge shells. Usually go thru a couple cases during Grouse & Woodcock season each year, and the Fiocchi shells for Pheasant I order the exact same way. Lion County has them delivered right to my Log Cabin in the back woods here in Potter County, can't beat it.

Still at the cost of these shells, I would think twice before line shooting them all the time, on a Clays course.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:16 pm  Reply with quote

Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
Brewester11,

In reality that is not to bad for the 16 Gauge shells, I do use them, however purchasing the RST 28 gauge shells the cost goes up $4.00 a box and you pay shipping on both the 16 and 28 gauge shells.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

As a plug for RST:
28 ga shells start at $12 p/box (3/4 oz load). If you want a special load the cost is $13 or $14 and if you want copper shot they are $16 p/box.

The 16 ga shells start at $11 p/box for either 7/8 oz or 1 oz loads. Paper hulls are $14 p/box. They sell 16 ga shells in 3/4. 7/8 and 1 oz loads and if you want copper shot they also offer that option. Velocities vary from 1100 to 1200.

Good Hunting,
Mike
fin2feather
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:50 am  Reply with quote

Shipping is about $25 per case depending so you can add a 2-3 bucks to those box prices if you buy by the case. I jut got 2 cases sent to Kansas for $46 and change.

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
fin2feather
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:53 am  Reply with quote

Shipping is about $28 per case depending on where so you can add a 2-3 bucks to those box prices if you buy by the case. I jut got 2 cases sent to Kansas for $46 and change.

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook