16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Browning Citori Gr. I for sale/Cabela's.
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:32 am  Reply with quote

Well Guy, I have run a marathon . . . but I didn't win, and that was about 20 years ago. And I did run down a wingtipped pheasant in a picked corn field a few years back. Shot him out of a road ditch, bird dropped across the fence on private property where I did not have permission. You can enter private property to retrieve shot game in Iowa, but you have to leave your gun behind. I thought that pheasant was deader than he turned out to be. Had he not zagged when he should have zigged, I expect he would have made good his escape. Kinda looked like the scene from "Rocky II", where Rocky is trying to catch the chicken in the alley. But I did not shoot that bird with a .410. In fact, I have not shot a single pheasant with a .410 since I "moved up" from my brother's hand me down single shot.

Smith, burn that photo of me in a kilt. Now if you have one of me and Sarah (or better yet, me and Ashley Judd) from Skibo . . . just don't send them to my wife.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:43 am  Reply with quote

Maybe you could have used the shovel. Steve, what a video that would be--Larry chasing a winged rooster around a posted field with his shovel while wearing a kilt. Keep your camera handy; I got a feeling Larry is fun to watch. No wonder you hunt with him. I'll bet that would play well on your TV show--like hunting with The Three Stooges. Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! Moe! Larry! The cheese!
Coastie Chief
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:28 pm  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy wrote:
Thanks Steve, I'll keep that in mind. I work in the engineering business. I've heard it said that "getting across to an engineer is only slightly more difficult than communicating with the dead", or so my friends tell me. I think its a vicious rumor myself started by those who are jealous over how special we really are. Wink

Just looking through some old posts and catching up after being away for a while.(Used to post under another name...messed it up when I moved)

Couldn't help but address this statement and reply with my favorite "Engineer" line....
Arguing with an Engineer is a lot like wrestling in the mud with a pig. After a while you realize that the pig likes it. Wink
Cahoonje
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:51 pm  Reply with quote

I are one too! Very Happy Therefore, I am in 16gaugeguy's camp.
Jodie
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:44 am  Reply with quote

I is with you. We am in the same camp. By the way, Where in hell is camp?