16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Lefever Nitro 16 ga.
Battle
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:57 pm  Reply with quote

Hi all,
This number is from a pawn shop in Missouri 816-232-3006. I have no connections to this gun and havn't seen this gun. I picked up a classified when I was in Kansas last week on our annual quail trip. I think it's priced under 300.00! Seems like a okay price, good luck to who ever.
Battle
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:16 pm  Reply with quote

Just wondering..............did anybody connect on this gun? I know where there is another, but its more pricy. Looks good though. Drop me a PM if you want the contact info.
Cheer,
kosinar
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:44 am  Reply with quote

This site is a great source of knowledge and information. I called the gun shop and purchased it. Don't have it yet. Should arrive at my dealer wednesday. Had little bit of concern for while after I sent the check. Gentleman runing gun shop went to hospital with goldblader and I could not reach him for a week. He called after he got home and it shipped Monday. I am exited about it. Hope it is decent. I already have 16 ga Western Field I bought on Gun broker the last week and I am happy about it.. I also bought 1919 (per seller) Ithaca Flues. Drawback is that my checking account is getting hit pretty good. And I still need to find a decent 16 ga Sterlingworth and mayby some L.C Smith.
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:05 am  Reply with quote

kosinar: Welcome, let us know how the Nitro works out, and looks like you've caught the 16g fever big time too Very Happy (Just wait until you get your first sweet Elsie Wink )

kosinar
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:23 pm  Reply with quote

I got the gun and it is in good shape for the money. I paid total $360 including shipping and transfer fee. I shot the gun and it shoots very good it has 32" barrels and fits me pretty good. Right striker pin spring seems to be little weak. Ocasionaly if fails to fire. Wood is suprisingly nice curley walnut. I am quite happy with it. I wish that I did as well with other 16ga purchase from Gun broker. This is Ithaca Flues in decent condition except picture on the Gun broker did not revealed crack in lect side of the frame and in the stock Seller did not disclosed ether one of the issues. I do not know if there is anything that could be done with the frame. Culd this be welded or otherway reiniforced? I am sure that I can shot the gun few times before it explodes but I will not tempt fate. I paid $650 for this thing. I would appreciate your opinion on the options if there are any. Thanks in advance.
fin2feather
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:42 am  Reply with quote

Is there an approval period on the gun? I would for sure send it back. Even if there was no approval period, if the seller didn't reveal the cracks you should be able to get a refund since it was not honestly represented. I've never bought anything on gunbroker but I'm sure others here have; maybe they can tell you if gunbroker will help you in any way! That flat sucks; good luck with it!

Fin

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
kosinar
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:37 pm  Reply with quote

Trere could be light at end of the tunel. After I posted F rating for the seller he came back with email stating that he was trying to contact me and that he got in touch with Ithaca about crack frame problem Supposedly they told him that they will fix the problem for small fee. I don't know if there is anything that could be done with it but I hope the guy is right. I will see if he produce any concreat contact from Ithaca that will confirm stated. Will see.
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:14 pm  Reply with quote

I posted a pic of a cracked frame Flues at the end of this thread
http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=557&start=45
I'd strongly advise returning the gun-it is not safely repairable. Sorry.

fin2feather
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:52 am  Reply with quote

I call BS on that; I don't think the current Ithaca company configuration, whatever it is, has any relationship to old Ithaca guns. I agree with the Rev that it's not safely repairable anyway, but I doubt the current Ithaca would repair it even if it were. Sounds to me like this seller is just stalling/buying time. SEND IT BACK and get your money back!

Fin

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
kosinar
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:52 pm  Reply with quote

I will let you know how it goes. I do not hold much of the hope but If I send the gun back then he will have both gun and the money.