16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Keeping busy til fall and I oughta reload
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:41 pm  Reply with quote

OK-for the final report Rolling Eyes As I previously posted, my LC couldn't seem to make the Bismuth shells go boom so they're all at Boyer's house now for additional testing Confused
Dr 16g and I used the Gamebore Traditional Game 1 oz 6s (US 7s) in Russell where we were into both quail and pheasant. They performed quite well but our pheasant shots were well within 25 yards. I patterned them today and they were quite open likely related to the fibre wads.
Looks like my just arrived Eley Grand Prix 15/16 oz at 1225 with 2.8mm (US 6) shot is going to be my pheasant load-through the .014 brl had >90% of the shot in a 20" circle at 25 yds. 26" pattern through the .007 brl and recoil a bit less than the Gamebore load. Still awaiting word from Eley as to pressure, but it's likely less than the Gamebore at 8122 psi, so I'm comfortable using them in my 1911 LC.
Still have the 12g Sterly choked .015 and .035 for S. Dakota windy day late season birds using the Federal Wing Shok 1 1/8 4s L brl and 1 1/8 nickel plated 5s R brl that Boyer loaded for me.
Whew-glad all that's over but it was sorta fun Very Happy