16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Rebarreling
rkittine
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:09 am  Reply with quote

There are dozens of competent custom rifle builders in New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey that can rebarrel your rifle and do other things like truing the action, installing a much better trigger.

Up near you I would recommend - Herb Coates (315) 287-4026

I have Custom Bench Rest Rifles for 100/200 and 300 yard short range bench rest, both score and group, as well as 1,000 yard Bench Rest and F Class.

I can recommend the following guys who have built rifles for me, including rebarreling actions that I already had.

Bob White - The Shooters Corner in New Jersey
Baer Custom Rifles
Jim Borden - PA
Clarence Hammond - PA
Kelby Rifles - PA
Mark King - PA
Doyle Anglin - GA - Dixie Gun

With the exception of my Rim Fire Benchrest Rifle build by Gorden Eck, all or my rifles have Krieger Barrels and all have one of three triggers, depending on us. Jewel, Biggs N Andy or Timney Calvin Elite.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you need more contact information or suggestions.

Where in the Adirondacks are you? I keep me Seaplane in Ft. Edward, New York and spend a lot of time splashing around in the Adirondack Park.

Cheers, Bob
rkittine@aol.com
631-374-9652

16 Gauge O/U Browning 525 Sporting
16 Gauge SxS Rizzini Islide
16 Gauge Pump Browning BPS Upland
16 Gauge Semi-Auto Remington 1100 Sporting
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:44 am  Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

I deal with Ziggies gun shop and custom Barrel making all the time, Gaines, Pa.
Serious Custom Barrel maker!

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
df
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:55 pm  Reply with quote

I’ve had numerous rifles rebarreled by Jim Kobe in Bloomington Mn. Smallest was a 17 fireball, largest 338 Win mag. And many in between.
The guns have turned out great.
E mailed him earlier today about possibly rebarreling another.
jswanson
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:07 pm  Reply with quote

Location, northville,. NY. Thanks for the suggestions. you

Riflemeister
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:00 am  Reply with quote

I've been involved in the accuracy game for years and would offer a few recommendations. I would highly recommend that you deal with a one or two man shop where you can deal directly with the gunsmith actually doing the work. Some of the bigger names in the business have grown to the point where the guy who established the reputation has expanded to the point that others are now doing the actual work and quality has slipped a bit. I often have customers come to me wanting me to build something that I'm absolutely certain won't be satisfactory, despite my recommendations and prodding, if the customer has unrealistic expectations, I tell him I'm not capable of building what he demands, but there is someone out there who will take his money and build the gun for him. Listen to the gunsmith, if he has plenty of experience and if he's the right guy, he wants your project to be successful as much as you do. You're on the right track getting recommendations from other shooters, most of the replies and recommended gunsmiths can likely do your project to your satisfaction. Be patient when the project gets underway, if the smith is any good, he likely has a lot of work ahead of you, plus, depending on what you finally decide on there can be months of waiting time for the exact parts for your gun. Most of all, insure you have a good, honest line of communication going with your smith, any red flags should tell you he's not the right guy no matter his reputation. Enjoy the process and anticipation of having your gun built.