16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Barrett Sovereign O/U’s?
Chukar60
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:56 pm  Reply with quote

Has anyone here owned, shot or have an opinion on the Barrett Sovereign 16 ga O/U?
I believe I read they were produced by Fausti.
I am not overly familiar with Fausti guns other than everytime I mention them around my more gun savvy friends they look at me like I flatulated in church.
dovelvr
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:29 am  Reply with quote

I have one and like it. Mine is a little heavier than my citori but is not a bad gun. Have not found aftermarket chokes for it so I usually wind up shooting my citori.
putz463
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:06 am  Reply with quote

dovelvr wrote:
Have not found aftermarket chokes for it so I usually wind up shooting my citori.

If you haven't looked under this stone, Trulock has an interchange list and Fausti is on it.

https://trulockchokes.com/choke_interchange_list.html

C60, I havn't held or shot a BS but have handled and shot several Fausti's + owned and shot a bunch of mid price point Italian maker guns, Verona/Rizzini, Zoli, etc, some great, some pretty sloppy. A lot will depend on fit and finish/QA tolerances called out by BS.

Riflemeister
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:02 am  Reply with quote

I think Fausti will build whatever the importer/customer wants and is willing to pay for. Spanish makers in the early days got a poor reputation for building budget quality SXS's to American specifications (AYA Matador?). We know the Spanish gun industry is capable of building guns of exquisite beauty and quality, but reading Jack O'Connor's book on shotgunning, you certainly wouldn't know it. Last year, I bit the bullet and ordered an upscale Fausti DEA Coin Finish in 16 ga that should be arriving shortly. The specifications indicate it should be a definite upgrade from your standard DEA, and the anticipation is severe. When I get the gun, I'll do a detailed evaluation plus hopefully some good, detailed pictures that hopefully will put some of these Fausti quality issues to bed. We'll just have to see if my trust in that company is justified.

Ray-citori
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:28 am  Reply with quote

I have a extended CYL choke for one if anyone wants it drop me a PM with your address and it will be in the mail.