16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Hodgdon 2006 Annual Manual
clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:57 am  Reply with quote

Received a copy of the Hodgdon manual for Xmas and as I have come to expect the 16 gage data was thin. Even more irratating was the inclusion of WAA16 wads and Winchester compression formed cases in the data. Why include data for components that haven't been available for years?

I urge everyone who lurks here to e-mail Hodgdon about the need to update and expand their 16 gage data.
USAFA 71
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:59 am  Reply with quote

I called them last year and asked when they expected to update the 16 ga section since it contained so much info using components that were unavailable. The response was that they currently(late 2005) didn't have the time to reshoot the data, and it would be a low priority since there were few people who were requesting any new data.
So maybe if we all call them asking for new data, things will change. Or maybe someone can convince 16GaugeGuy to take on the project like he did for the Remington wads! Good luck with that one!
And again 16 GG, thanks for your efforts on the Remington wads. Many of us are now shooting better loads due to your efforts.
And with the load data available here, is it such a loss that Hodgdon continues to publish data 20 years old? When I need data using Hodgdon powders for shotshells, I use the LPG data and usually find what I need.

But I will e-mail/call them again, in the hopes they will recover from the severe case of cranial-rectal insertion they have for us 16 ga lovers.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:12 pm  Reply with quote

Finding current 16 data is next to impossible.That is where it pays to be on this forum and joining the low pressure group
onefunzr2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:25 pm  Reply with quote

Precision Reloading has more up-to-date recipes in their loadbook than the Hodgdons annual manual. It is not 16ga exclusive, however.
quinletc
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:21 am  Reply with quote

Send them an email, if nothing else, asking them to update. Businesses respond to demands from customers... if they want to remain businesses. Hodgdon is smart enough to know that reloaders asking for 16ga data probably reload other guages, and if a competitor takes care of customers 16ga needs, that competitor is probably going to get those customers' business for other guages as well.

email: help@hodgdon.com

or

http://www.hodgdon.com/contact.php