16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  FAIR 16 gauge shotguns
stevesavage
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:57 am  Reply with quote

I understand the FAIR 16 gauge shotguns are made on 12 gauge frames. How does this affect the weight and handling? How much lighter are the 16 gauges than a 12 gauge? Any ideas.
LenNelly
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:30 pm  Reply with quote

I just finished unpacking my 16 gauge FAIR Isiide Prestige. These shotguns do not use 12 gauge frames. According to the kitchen scale, this guy weighs 6 lbs. 7 oz. with a 30 inch barrel. I think the basic specs, including weights, are listed on the F.A.I.R. website. If not, give them a call they’re very helpful.

http://www.italianfirearmsgroup.com/fair

Last edited by LenNelly on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

LenNelly
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:30 pm  Reply with quote

I just finished unpacking my 16 gauge FAIR Isiide Prestige. These shotguns do not use 12 gauge frames. According to the kitchen scale, this guy weighs 6 lbs. 7 oz. with a 30 inch barrel. I think the basic specs, including weights, are listed on the F.A.I.R. website. If not, give them a call they’re very helpful.

This duplicate post just appeared!!!

double vision
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:44 pm  Reply with quote

Bill, congratulations, and let us know how it shoots for you. I really like the 30" barrels on my Iside, and it's definitely going to see some pheasant hunting. Swings really well!

Last edited by double vision on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:08 pm  Reply with quote

The FAIR 16 ga. guns have always been built on a true 16 frame. I have a NEA 500 which was their first introduction in the US. Also have 28" and 30" barrels for it.

With the 28" bbl. it weighs 6 lbs. 2 oz. And handles great, so does the 30".

When B. Rizzini first started importing the 16 ga. the early ones were on a 12 ga. frame and the B. Rizzini BR110 still is on a 12 frame. Maybe that is the Rizzini someone told you that is based on a 12 ga. frame. B. Rizzini does make true 16 ga. framed guns now, with the BR110 being the exception.
Pockets
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:05 pm  Reply with quote

Nice looking wood, Cold.
Very nice.

https://woodlandclearing.wordpress.com
stevesavage
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:44 pm  Reply with quote

I should have added 16 gauge side by side. Thanks for the replies. Appreciate the information.
double vision
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:56 pm  Reply with quote

I really don't know for sure because my Iside seems to have a very trim action and not 12-like at all. That said IIRC Builder's 30" 12 weighs 6 lb 4 oz. and my 30" 16 weighs just under 6 lbs 3 oz. so who knows. Report back when you find out! Wink
LenNelly
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:52 am  Reply with quote

Dave Erickson wrote:
Bill, congratulations, and let us know how it shoots for you. I really like the 30" barrels on my Iside, and it's definitely going to see some pheasant hunting. Swings really well!

Thanks Dave - Yes, this new FAIR Iside is, so far, exactly as expected. It looks great, handles and points with no effort and I’m confident it’ll also shoot as expected. I wouldn’t want a 16 gauge upland gun to weigh less!

I’ll test it soon and post photos.

airmedic1
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:33 am  Reply with quote

My Iside with 30" tubes, straight stock and double triggers weighs 6lb, 2oz and it has a 15" LOP. I need to find time to get out and shoot it!

double vision
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:45 am  Reply with quote

airmedic1 wrote:
My Iside with 30" tubes, straight stock and double triggers weighs 6lb, 2oz and it has a 15" LOP. I need to find time to get out and shoot it!

Nice!

I should have kept mine longer. Maybe mine will have to be mr versatile in my group with a slip-on pad most of the time.
Savage16
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:41 pm  Reply with quote

How are the trigger pulls on everyones Isides,weight wise?? Theres a write up in the new American Rifleman magazine on a 28 ga Isiide that claims both triggers are under 3 lbs with one closer to 2 than 3. I've shot Daves and don't remember them being that light. Actually don't know that I'd want them so.

double vision
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:23 am  Reply with quote

Savage16 wrote:
How are the trigger pulls on everyones Isides,weight wise?? Theres a write up in the new American Rifleman magazine on a 28 ga Isiide that claims both triggers are under 3 lbs with one closer to 2 than 3. I've shot Daves and don't remember them being that light. Actually don't know that I'd want them so.

I'll look for my trigger gauge and see how my Iside's trigger are set. They certainly don't feel heavy.