16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Addition of a new Ryman Setter pup from Wyssfiresidesetters!
tramroad28
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:08 am  Reply with quote

The "culprit" Very Happy looks to be an athlete in fine fettle.....I wager the issue will soon resolve itself and become but one memory amongst the many points.

What would be said pup's name?
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:21 am  Reply with quote

tramroad28 wrote:
The "culprit" Very Happy looks to be an athlete in fine fettle.....I wager the issue will soon resolve itself and become but one memory amongst the many points.

What would be said pup's name?

The pup is named Rowdy (Ozark Prince Rowdy on his papers). He has a great disposition, confident and bold, not afraid of anything, but not a mean, aggressive bone in his body. At eight months, he's well on his way to becoming a great dog, but I may be biased.

8mmFan
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:42 pm  Reply with quote

Dave,

You may recall a post of mine about a month or so ago inquiring about breeders of English Setters here in WI.

By an extreme coincidence, my wife ran into a beautiful setter while at one of my sons’ soccer games in Milwaukee. The dog had a tremendous disposition and, in addition, was quite striking, both in coloration and conformation.

My wife asked the owners where they had purchased the dog, and it was from Fireside Setters in New Lisbon. The husband was very affirmative in the dog’s abilities on birds, including Ruffs.

We looked up Fireside and talked with Mike and, ultimately put down the first deposit for a male in the litter of his bitch Lacy.

TODAY, we drove up and picked out our pup. It was—in the words of my 8-year-old son sitting here next to me—“awesome.”

We lost our old Shorthair, Jake, on Christmas Day nearly four years ago, and the house hasn’t been the same since. The kids have been asking for a new dog for a long time.

Today, they thougtht I was taking them along on a business trip to see a customer of mine. Mike played along and, as we walked into the house and the whelping room, the kids were thrilled that my “customer” had pups. When I finally let the cat out of the bag that this wasn’t a business trip but was instead a trip to pick out our next family—and bird—dog, they were overjoyed.

We stayed a good while visiting with Mike and made our best pick.

I was very impressed with Mike, his love for the Ryman/Old Hemlock lines, and his pride in his dogs. We left the pup there for another week to be with it’s mother and littermates, and will go back up and bring him home next weekend.

Congratulations to you on your new pup, and best wishes to the both of you for many great years together. Maybe our pups’ paths will cross in the grouse coverts someday!

Sincerely,

8mmFan
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:17 pm  Reply with quote

8mm,

So glad you met Mike and decided to purchase one of his fine Ryman Setter pups.
As a Grouse hunting dog and family companion, they are simply top shelf Grouse dogs. Known as the Pennsylvania Grouse dog they are simply fantastic in the woods and in the home. Interested to see if you picked a blue or orange Belton or maybe even a Tri-Color. Chances are they may not have their colors yet, please post some pictures when you get your pup home.

I am excited to get my pup also, I had Mike choose a female from Sophie's letter for me, breeders know their dogs best, I trusted him to supply us with the Ryman dog I will need. Mike has a great reputation for breeding some fine Ryman Setter Grouse Dogs! In reality I should have taken 2 pips, however my health will not permit right now.

Congrats on picking a fine Ryman Setter Dog. Maybe our pups will see each other in the Grouse woods some day, would like to meet you for sure.

Pine Creek/Dave
Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers

There is nothing like the magic of a Ryman Setter Grouse Dog!

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers