16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  FAIR choke tube source?
double vision
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:05 am  Reply with quote

I'd like to order a couple extra choke tubes for my Iside and I'm curious to find out if anyone has found a source. I bought my gun through John Boyd at Quality Arms and the last I heard he is retiring, so I don't want to bother him unless I absolutely can't find a source on my own.
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:58 am  Reply with quote

You can order them direct from IFG call 1-800-450-1852. That is where John got his and the guns. IFG will deal directly with you no need to go through someone else.

The Franchi sub gages are made to take the FAIR Technichoke system also. If you call Trulock they will tell you that they don't make tubes for the 16 ga. FAIR guns. They do for the 12 and 20 as does Briley, they are the old Verona LX style.

Midwest Gun Works sells Franchi 16 ga. tubes for the Franchi and they are actually the FAIR technichoke tubes and fit FAIR guns of course.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/512-xp

They are stamped trulock but they do not offer them in SK. And FAIR does not offer a SK either so my thought is Trulock just imports them and stamps their name on them. If Trulock made them would think they would offer a SK.

Briley will make what ever constriction you want and bore match it to your gun for $75.
double vision
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:34 am  Reply with quote

Cold Iron wrote:
You can order them direct from IFG call 1-800-450-1852. That is where John got his and the guns. IFG will deal directly with you no need to go through someone else.

The Franchi sub gages are made to take the FAIR Technichoke system also. If you call Trulock they will tell you that they don't make tubes for the 16 ga. FAIR guns. They do for the 12 and 20 as does Briley, they are the old Verona LX style.

Midwest Gun Works sells Franchi 16 ga. tubes for the Franchi and they are actually the FAIR technichoke tubes and fit FAIR guns of course.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/512-xp

They are stamped trulock but they do not offer them in SK. And FAIR does not offer a SK either so my thought is Trulock just imports them and stamps their name on them. If Trulock made them would think they would offer a SK.

Briley will make what ever constriction you want and bore match it to your gun for $75.

Thanks, Mike! I was looking at those Franchi 16 ga. tubes that cost $20 at MGW, but wasn't sure enough to order any. I think I'll also check into the IFG number you supplied.

I'd like to order a couple more IC tubes. I'll have one reamed out to a true SK choke, and leave the other IC so I can just shoot IC/IC at targets.