16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  2019 hunting season photos-- lets see them
skeettx
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:48 am  Reply with quote

Great story of the hunt for the Pronghorn !!
Thank you
Mike

Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:43 am  Reply with quote

There was so much in this post I had to take notes.

Purple 16 - At the very least you should have that picture framed. It is very tough to get a good photo of a black dog and nice composition.

Dave - Nice pics and that is a really nice stick of wood on that sidelock and a great looking pup with a look of contentment after the hunt.

Stack 16 - That was a great story about your grandson and I am looking forward to hunting with my grandson next fall. My oldest is only 10 so right now he just walks along on shorter hunts. I don’t want him to get bored at such a young age.

Slowpokebill - Another great story of hunting with your grandson and it doesn’t get much better than that. My most memorable hunts are the ones I take with my sons and now with my oldest grandson. I have a little 20 SxS waiting in the gun case for when he turns 12 in a couple of years and it is the same gun his father and uncle learned to shoot with. Does your grandson also get out with the Ryman’s for birds?
That is another nice looking stick of wood on the gun resting next to the Grey Ghost.

Good Hunting,
Mike
Lewis295
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:53 am  Reply with quote

slowpokebill wrote:

and here is another photo from this season. I'm sorry but it is a 28 gauge. I've had this little DeHaan 28 fo 12 years but I have never taken a good photo of it until this season.

Beautiful DeHaan! I have had a O/U 16ga for about 13 yrs now. It was my primary bird gun until very recently. I'm still kicking myself for not getting more of Mark's guns before he quit importing them.

Also, that's a hell of a goat and sharing that with your grandson cant get any better!
wj jeffery 16
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:38 am  Reply with quote

Hi all, greetings from Northern Ireland, here is a quick round up of Saturdays hunt Smile

All the best, WJ.
Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:45 am  Reply with quote

wj jeffery 16 wrote:

Hi all, greetings from Northern Ireland, here is a quick round up of Saturdays hunt Smile

All the best, WJ.

W.J.
Looks like a beautiful area for a hunt and nice to see it holds pheasant. Where did you get the great blanket for the pup? I have imported a couple of Croots gun slips from the U.K. and a game bag that Beretta used to sell here in the States, but no longer does. The V.A.T. isn’t too bad.

Good Hunting,
Mike
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:03 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

Great pictures guys, being home bound except for some dog training right now, I really appreciate them!

Keep them coming!

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
Stack16
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:55 pm  Reply with quote

Great pictures, Keep them coming.

Griff

Deadeye8
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:37 am  Reply with quote

This is from Saturday my Dog Maddie and 6 birds with my Model 12 in 16ga (not pictured).. Snow, Sleet, wind tough hunt...

[https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipODqwsUrre0GjfxxGkUFEr1jIYo6vILLqE6t3fs/img]
Code:

Last edited by Deadeye8 on Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total

skeettx
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:58 pm  Reply with quote

I was not able to see your picture Sad

wj jeffery 16
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:24 am  Reply with quote

Hi Chicago, Minnie the wee Cocker is my hunting partners dog and there is an interesting story about that dog coat , that's the first time I saw that coat on Minnie and i ask the same question as you , four or five years back he got married and the wedding had a bit of a Shooting theme , he got a tailor made tweed suit for his wedding suit and the bridal party had Pheasant tail feathers made into there bouquets, we all had a great day and I just found out on Saturday that he got that dog coat made out of leftover tweed from his wedding suit , so pretty cool coat , I'm sure there are companies over here who sell tweed dog jackets, I have saw a nice one Barbour do it's a wax cotton one to match there famous wax range of jackets and think it was around £30 so not that expensive. Hope you all enjoyed my photos and look forward to seeing plenty more so keep them coming guys ,all the best WJ.
fin2feather
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:33 am  Reply with quote

Mid-November in South Dakota; Day 1, around 60 degrees...

Day 2, high of 9, sideways snow most all day...

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
Montana16
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:02 pm  Reply with quote

Couple of different hunts.

The first, an October hunt in Montana with a true double on huns. What a memory!

Second, a hunt in Washington a couple of weeks ago. Dog nailed the point, I managed two easy misses. Thankfully, the Rooster only flew about 200 yards to the opposite side of a hill. So we hunted on and the second time was the ticket.

Third, a hunt yesterday. The Dog showed his chops by following a couple birds doing the stop, move and evade. Several points, then moving on, he finally pinned them down. What a beautiful day in the Palouse!
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:35 pm  Reply with quote

Montana 16,

Congrats on your Hun true double, real nice shooting sir! Probably some serious dog work also.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
wj jeffery 16
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:04 am  Reply with quote

Great photos guys keep them coming 👍
Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:52 am  Reply with quote

wj jeffery 16 wrote:
Hi Chicago, Minnie the wee Cocker is my hunting partners dog and there is an interesting story about that dog coat , that's the first time I saw that coat on Minnie and i ask the same question as you , four or five years back he got married and the wedding had a bit of a Shooting theme , he got a tailor made tweed suit for his wedding suit and the bridal party had Pheasant tail feathers made into there bouquets, we all had a great day and I just found out on Saturday that he got that dog coat made out of leftover tweed from his wedding suit , so pretty cool coat , I'm sure there are companies over here who sell tweed dog jackets, I have saw a nice one Barbour do it's a wax cotton one to match there famous wax range of jackets and think it was around £30 so not that expensive. Hope you all enjoyed my photos and look forward to seeing plenty more so keep them coming guys ,all the best WJ.

Great story on the coat and thanks for the P.M. Headed out in about an hour to try my luck.

Good Hunting,
Mike