16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  lead shot prices
grouser47
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:19 am  Reply with quote

Hay you guys in the US of A. I have been hearing rumors of the price of lead shot increasing by as much as .80 cents a pound in the US retail market. Any truth to that? I sell Kent shells to dealers here in NB, Canada and haven't received 2007 pricing as yet. We had an 80% increase late last fall in our dealer priceing on Tungsten Matrix ( increase on price of raw materials) and will be very suprised if Kent continues to make it. Industry tabloids in the UK have been touting a need for big price increases across the board on shotgun ammo that has been held down by competition for several years while materials (minerals,oil etc...) have been on a continious rise.
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:25 am  Reply with quote

I was buying shot for $18.00 a bag last summer. In October I bought about 1/2 ton at $19.50 a bag. It is now between $26.00 and $28.00 a bag.
I was just talking with my supplier on Friday. He was going to order a couple ton of shot. His supplier told him not to order that much, because he thought it might be coming down a little, very soon. So who knows whats going on with it. All I know is it's allot more expensive that it was 8 months ago. Crying or Very sad

hoashooter
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:41 pm  Reply with quote

Here in the midwest cost is$33 a bag.The cost of all loaded ammo is also on the increase Evil or Very Mad