16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Gun dog hunting and training video
rjlance
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:47 pm  Reply with quote

Hi All,

It's awful hard to keep your sanity here in The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. I went to one of our state forests today to exercise one of my dogs. I have been doing this since we have been on lockdown. Today there were signs everywhere restricting parking to only 1 lot in the entire state forest. I guess they weren't happy with everyone all safely spread out and wanted to crunch everyone close together. Makes total sense to me.............

Anyway, I bought myself a GoPro for Christmas with the intention of making hunting videos in the fall for me and my hunting buddies to enjoy and laugh about. To get used to the GoPro and the film editing software I decided to make a couple of videos this winter and try to learn and improve on my film making.

The first video is from a hunt in Feb. and Markover Game Preserve in Conn. It features our younger (4 in June) Setter. He is a bit of a late bloomer but came into his own last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55pTIpXOOqg&t=7s

The second video is about off season work with your dogs. I am a real believer in the value of off season training and exercise (I drink my own Koolaide). It comes through in the video if you listen. It features the same dog you saw in the hunting video plus our "old Pro" 10 year old Setter. He is a fantastic hunter !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXpP1vrjYrE&t=2s

Let me know what you think. Feel free to leave comments on the You Tube video site .

wj jeffery 16
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:50 am  Reply with quote

Really enjoyed your films , look forward to seeing some more , thanks for posting here , keep safe WJ.