16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  No Insomniacs
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:08 am  Reply with quote

Something I find interesting is tendency of a lot of forums on the web to have members posting at all hours of the night, On the 16 ga forum, it is very rare to see a post with a time stamp outside what I would describe as normal hours. My conclusion is that in addition to being some of the best mannered and helpful forum members on the web, the folks on here do not become obsessed with web posting and as a group are exceptionally "normal".

Being an upland hunter with several bird dogs, my routine is so routine as to be almost boring. I rise from sleep with the dawn, prepare the coffee pot and then out to the kennels to exercise/air out the dogs. Following that it is on to breakfast, while checking the weather, and the computer for emails and a few websites I prefer. Throughout the day I'll work in the shop, do yard work and let the dogs out to run/do yard training a bit, until after an early dinner, I check emails and such again and watch Tucker Carlson and Hannity before letting the dogs out one last time before going to bed about 10 PM. During hunting season, that routine gets interrupted a lot for hunting trips, dog training, and trips to the local preserves. Does this sound pretty familiar to a lot of you?

df
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:19 am  Reply with quote

Don’t have dogs. The exercise part is on my body. Other than that, pretty similar.
tramroad28
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:37 am  Reply with quote

Somewhat...tho I avoid yard work with a fervor and pass on any shade of slanted partisan news(ie all news these days) with an even greater intensity of effort...especially so when just prior to slumber.
At that time of day, a well-struck mystery works a treat.

Beyond that, the dogs do their best to train me both in and out of hunting seasons.
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:18 am  Reply with quote

Riflemeister,

I agree for the most part, especially for the men who are not retired and work hard every day. I still run my retirement businesses, however for the most part I am semi-retired and because of this I do post at what you might say are odd hours.

My hope is that every sportsman gets to live as I do when he gets to retire. Setting my own hours is just part of a great life in retirement.

all the best

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
MSM2019
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:15 pm  Reply with quote

I tend to get up about 5:30 am most days. I do look at the site a few times during the day, but post in the mornings for the most part.

hayseed
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:14 pm  Reply with quote

I still work swing shift so I check in some nights but never see much activity. Looking forward to retirement and living and sleeping like normal people.
Researcher
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:36 am  Reply with quote

The time stamp on the posting is not necessarily the actual time where the poster is. It is the time where the board is.

fourtrax
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:52 pm  Reply with quote

Many of us being old pharts may have a little to do with that also????

Soggy socks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:00 pm  Reply with quote

RM- I'm sending you a PM re a loading issue I have with my sons rifle I'm hoping you can shed some light on for me. I don't sleep well at all usually wake up between 0100 and 0200 hit the head if need be then I'm up at 0430 every day would like to sleep in longer but it just does not happen. i used to blame my job but retired couple years ago this october. I usually go for a long walk with Cooper my GSP 4 to 5 miles at a fast pace. Then start my day whatever is on the menu. Good day Sir Joe