16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Imperial Field Loads (loaded by Maxam?)
Jockc
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:53 am  Reply with quote

I located several cases of Imperial 16 ga shells yesterday. They are labeled #10 shot, 27 gr, 67 mm, “Field Load” and come in a green box. All the other wording on the green box is in Spanish. I found one post that stated those shells were loaded by Maxam for Imperial, which used to exist as a Canadian company. Would anyone know anything about them, particularly pressure data? I have left a voicemail at Maxam’s US office and can’t seem to find any contact info for their Spanish offices. The shells are cheap, at $10/box, and I’ll buy more for trap if I can find some data. I’ll consider sending these out for pressure testing, particularly if I can find them in more useful shot sizes.

bigblue
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 1:24 pm  Reply with quote

I have a box of 12 gauge paper rolled crimp #2 shot. the head stamp says Dominion made in Canada MAXUM not Maxam also says Dominion long range MAXUM on the hull. These go back to the fifties when I was just a kid. The Canuck was the field load the Maxum was the long range load and the Imperial was marked Special long range load. Don't think CIL out sourced any ammo production . That old ammo can sell upwards of $100 a box so I am told.