16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  SHOTGUN TECHNICANA book for Sale
kb
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:59 pm  Reply with quote

I have a like brand new hardback copy of SHOTGUN TECHNICANA written by Michael McIntosh and David Trevallion (published by Countrysport Press, 193 pages) FOR SALE!

Here is a description of the book for those not familiar with it: "All of us who like to examine, handle, and hunt with fine double shotguns like to think we know something about these objects of our administration and desire. Yet reading even the first few chapter of Shotgun Technicana will open a world that most of us only suspected lay beneath the fine checkering or the multihued case-hardening."

Topics/Chapters in the book include: side plate locks, self & easy openers, shotgun butts, shotgun barrels, forcing cones, ejectors, latches, triggers, and springs.

Like I said, this book is in like brand new condition. There will be no new editions since author McIntosh has passed away and Mr. Trevallion is now 85. This book is out of print.

I looked on ebay and abe books to see what this nice book was selling for and the prices ranged from $99 (for a used copy) to almost $200 (for a brand new copy).

I am going to ask $50 + USPS second day shipping cost for this book. Preference will naturally be given to anyone who bids over $50. I will keep this sale open until about 5pm of June 24th (Saturday).

You may contact me with any questions or offers at:
kbukovich@gmail.com

Best regards,
Keith
AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:07 pm  Reply with quote

I'm willing to pay $50 for the book and postage- I was unaware that the site had become an auction site.
fin2feather
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:31 pm  Reply with quote

AmericanMeet wrote:
I'm willing to pay $50 for the book and postage- I was unaware that the site had become an auction site.

Agreed. I think ebay or the like is the proper place for a post like this.

Last edited by fin2feather on Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:17 am; edited 2 times in total

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
MaximumSmoke
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:39 pm  Reply with quote

I strongly recommend this book.

Brewster11
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:36 am  Reply with quote

I consider this wonderful book sold. But AmericanMeet, I will happily buy it from you for $60 plus postage when you finish reading it.

A recent history book online purchase was not very satisfying. Several of the most important illustrated pages had been skillfully removed with a razor blade!

B.
kb
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:10 am  Reply with quote

Dear Brewster11,
I have been away from the computer due to the unexpected passing of an old friend (40 years+) from stomach cancer. Things have settled down now and I am able to reply. I said in my original post that any offers over $50 would have the upper hand and everyone should email me at:

kbukovich@gmail.com

I urge you to do so so that you will receive my mailing address, etc.
I consider your offer to be the high one.
Regards,
Keith
Brewster11
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:41 pm  Reply with quote

Keith,

Thank you but my $60 offer was to AmericanMeet after he enjoyed reading the book. Under those conditions I have yielded my right to purchase the book to AmericanMeet.

Thanks
B.
eng-pointer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:00 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
Keith,

Thank you but my $60 offer was to AmericanMeet after he enjoyed reading the book. Under those conditions I have yielded my right to purchase the book to AmericanMeet.

Thanks
B.

Brewster11,

If you by chance get the book from AmericanMeet I would give you $70. I already have a copy but I thought this style of auction deserved my participation.

James

"My degree of optimism is negotiated daily" Bill Snyder, Former Head Football Coach, Kansas State University