16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Claybuster 16's
grouser47
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:24 pm  Reply with quote

Made an inquiry & got a answer by email. The question was "Are you going to make a 16 ga wad"? The answer was yes they are looking at making one. They did not specify what brand replacement wad they were thinking of.
Now is our oppertunity --- all of us should encourage them to move on this by emailing them with requests that they make a 16 ga wad. Smile
Bigbore
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:07 pm  Reply with quote

I agree and have fired off an email to Graf & Sons, the only source of Clay Busters that I am aware of, to promote a 16 ga. wad. I use Clay Busters for 12. 20, 28, and 410 and sure would like to add 16 to it.

hoashooter
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:35 pm  Reply with quote

1-800-922-6287
dmac@spis.net
RWG
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:09 pm  Reply with quote

I have asked the CB people about the alleged 16 ga. wad they plan to bring out every year for the past 10 years. Never happens. Not to say that it won't this year, but I wouldn't hold my breath. They were eying a WAA16 clone.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:19 am  Reply with quote

Same here. I ask several times a year, just to keep the ug in their ear. Same answer,"We plan to." after 10 years of this BS, I think its a line meant to surpress the competition and to keep feathers from being ruffled. But I will keep right on asking. It won't happen if we don't.

Sooner or later, someone in the industry is going to do it. I'm hoping its Down range. They are the only ones decent enough to have come here and ask us for input. I also hope they are smart enough to come up with a universal design for 3/4 to 1 ounce loads. We have enough 1 and 1-1/8 ounce wads already. we need a wad suitable for light kicking recreational loads, capable of fitting any case. A clever design could do this.
carpe dm
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:25 pm  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy wrote:

I'm hoping its Down range. They are the only ones decent enough to have come here and ask us for input. I also hope they are smart enough to come up with a universal design for 3/4 to 1 ounce loads. We have enough 1 and 1-1/8 ounce wads already. we need a wad suitable for light kicking recreational loads, capable of fitting any case. A clever design could do this.

I agree! Sure hope they do it; I would like to have a "short" wad too, to fit my 2 1/2" hulls. Rolling Eyes Very Happy